Asus p8p67

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus p8p67

GSkils Ripjaws - 12800cl9t-12gbrl not compatible with asus p8p67 ??
    Bought a pair of these and cant run on my MOBO cuz of error..
    Anything i can do ?

A pair of them? So you have 6 sticks and want to use 4? First off, XMP won't work, what you'll want to try is first make sure you have the latest BIOS, then if XMP is enabled, Dis-able it and set to manual or Auto, , set the DRAM freq to 1600, base timings to 9-9-9-24, DRAM volatge to 1.55 -1.58 (right around there) and CR (Command Rate) to 2T or 2N if it has the N designator and give that a shot. If no joy, keep those settings in place and raise the MC (Memory Controller) voltage (believe VCCIO on your mobo) about + .1 and give that a try....then let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

didnt worked... i have to do the same thing again to acess the bios.. I need to turn off the pc and reset the bios so i my pc accept this RAM.. But when i do any stuff in bios the memOK on my MOBO turn red again and my pc wont even start... are these stacks of RAM compatible with my p8p67 an my i5 2500k??
      Last edited by DokoOo; 06-22-2012, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Any time you mix sets it can be problematic, it generally takes additional additional MC and DRAM voltage to try and get them to play together (and it doesn't always work. Might try at 1333 8-8-8-24 as a test, if they won't work together there, prob won't at 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

if this doesnt work... wht type of gskill would you recommend me to buy ?

Comment

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=265

It is not listed compatbile with my Asus p8p67..
            May this be the problem ?? Because everytime i reboot the MemOK red light turns ON and the PC doesnt start...

Comment

You should prob go with a 2x8GB set or a 4x4GB set, that way you can use XMP natively, rather than trying to run 3 sticks in the mobo - while they'll prob run, the mobo is dual channel and really tuned for a 2 or 4 stick set. I'd look at the Ripjaws X models or the Snipers

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X