Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL with P9X79-PRO and Intel 3960x

Hi there,

I'm about to install 32gb (8x4) of F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL onto a ASUS P9X79-PRO with an Intel 3960x processor.

I've built PC's before but know little about tweaking Ram voltages, timings and overclocking etc.

What issues am I likely to encounter?

Thanks heaps in advance!

Just make sure you have the latest BIOS, hoping this is an 8GBx4 set, in which case you simply enable XMP and select the 1866 profile....if it's 8x4GB or two sets will need to be set up manually, and there's no guarantee the sets will work together, if this is the case let us know and we'll try and help with the setup to get the sets to play together

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey - cool thanks for the speedy reply.

It is 2 sets of 4x4gb as ordered from NewEgg:
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231499

Will I have trouble?

(Should I try enabling XMP and select the 1866 profile in the first instance to see if it works?)
      Last edited by John Knight; 06-13-2012, 10:11 PM.

Comment

As said above, w/ 2 sets XMP won't work, so will want to enter the base timings and prob raise DRAM voltage at + .05, then let us know if any problems, prob will have to raise VCCSA and MC voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You can give XMP a shot, but make sure each kit is installed in the same color slots.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X