Ripjaws Z 1600 64gb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws Z 1600 64gb

It seems that these could be found only on one place on the entire internet - newegg. They are out of stock now. Anyone has any idea if i could look elsewhere for them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231508

From the previous thread, it wouldnt make a lot of sense to pair up to 4x8 kits?

I really want to go with G.Skill, but i'm not sure what to do.

So far i've got these:

Haf XM
    Asus x79 Sabertooth
    Galaxy 560
    H100
    Pyro SE 120gb x2
    PC Power and cooling 750W

I was set on squeezing a bit of extra juice from the rig, but I'm not that good at figuring out which memory is good for that.

So advice on how to proceed is greatly appreciated
    1. Get a 64gb kit at 1333
    2. Get a 4x8 kit, basically the same memory from the 64gb kit, 1600?
    3. Get two of the 4x8 kits, is this the worse idea?
    4. Get some other 32gb combo? 4x8 vs 8x4 which speeds?

Comment

It shows them IN STOCK on the link you posted (and if they were out, they basically get weekly shipments in). Since you mention 32GB also - do you have a foreseeable need for 64GB? I wouldn't mix sets, especially with the 64GB and more so with the Sabertooth, there are those who had problems with a matched set actually getting the 64 to run on the mobo. If going 32GB I'd go with a 4x8GB set less stress on the MC (Memory Controller) to run 4 sticks than 8 and for a performance boost (and if you want to OC) maybe go a 2133 set like the Ripjaws X F3-2133C9Q-32GXH

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Weird, were out of stock today and i asked them on chat if they had an ETA they said no.

Just cancelled my order for these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231507

I do 3d graphics, and i use a lot of photoshop. I actually don't think that i'll be using 64gb but i was really curious to see how a machine like that runs. But if the only thing that's highly likely to happen is to have an unstable rig, i better abandon that idea.

Will give it another day to do the research as i'm not sure my CPU will be here this week.

The one you mention seems a tad expensive. What about latencies, should i aim for something lower?

Comment

Hmmm.... come to think of it, the only reason why i bought the sabertooth was because it was featured as a qualified motherboard here

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=432

Otherwise i would have probably bought a asrock extreme6.

Comment

I'll drop GSkill Tech a note to take a look, should be in Thur

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks... i am a ta complete loss on how to proceed, i was hoping to have the memory by friday but i cancelled the order i placed and now i have absolutely no idea what to get.

Comment

If you want the 64GB set, just checked NewEgg, they still show as IN STOCK, I'd go for it
                Last edited by Tradesman; 06-14-2012, 05:58 PM.

Tman

Comment

Whats your recommendation, i've been getting a lot of conflicting info,

do you think the 1333 cas 9 might do the trick (it's $400)

Comment

With 64GB even 1333 is good, everything that is often paged off to the hard drive (temp files, et al) will just stay in memory and be available for faster access, even when I'm really multi-tasking and have some VMs running I seldom have data that gets written to the drive and I'm running 32, so with 64GB VMs, browsers, etc should really run faster

Tman

Comment

Dear All!

I hesitate about to buy 32 GB or 64GB 1600 MHZ G.Skill Ripjaws for my Asus P9X79 Pro and i7 3930K.
                      I read there is a lot trouble with 64Gb kit.And Im not so experienced about manual setting of 64Gb kit.
                      Is it difficult? I use for HD video editing, so maybe the 64GB come in handy in the future instead of 32GB.
                      But Im afraid of troubles of 64Gb kit.So what do you think? The 64GB would be stable at 1600 with this cpu and mob?

Comment

I'm waiting for a confirmation myself

Comment

Check w/ Asus and see if there BIOS is up to date for for the 64GB set you are looking at as far as XMP goes, the sets are available and should work - when it comes to mixing 2 or more sets is where you would need to set up manually.

Tman

Comment

For 64GB,

Right now only the DDR3-1333 kit is available:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...rder=BESTMATCH

That is the kit to get unless you want extreme DDR3-2400

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

I got the 1600mhz kit, and i am having trouble getting all the ram to read. With all 8 modules, i get 48gb ram, if i remove two, it reads as 24gb ram, if i remove another two it reads as 32gb. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                              X