Hitting 2400+ on an X79 Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting 2400+ on an X79 Board

I've been having issues getting F3-19200CL11Q-16GBZHD (4Gx4) to hit 2400 on my Rampage 4 Extreme. Following the G.SKILL guide on the website did not help.

What I'm starting to figure out is that CPU Current Capability and VCCSA Current Capability appear to play a significant role in hitting 2400. Has anyone else noticed this? Perhaps this should be added to their guide.
    The Goods

I won't argue with that, I've run into numerous mobos that are ADVERTISED to run up to 2133, 2200, 2400, 2600 etc and beyond and normally advertised to run up to 32, 64 or 128GB of DRAM but have found the BIOS isn't ready for things like this, have to keep in mind Asus only tests higher end and dense sticks at default boot freqs (here prob 1600) and base the max freq (normally one that requires a healthy Overclock of the CPU) on the advertising of the combination of the highest end CPU for that socket and the chipsets capabilities. A quick glance at you mobo and their QVL shows only a single set 'tested' of 2400 sticks with a 4x4GB configuration....so just imagine someone trying to run 2400 with 32 or 64GB (will take high OC and very high voltages to DRAM, CPU, MC and VCCSA.....and that's if their BIOS can provide the proper timings (ran into problems recently with another manufacturer on a couple of their mobos (a P67 and a Z77) advertised high end DRAM (up to 2800 on the Z77) and up to 32GB ---their BIOS only allowed for up to 255 in the tRFC setting and sticks of this ilk (4x8GB) want around 270 in the tRFC.

Might look at this thread:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X