Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ RipjawsZ ] F3-12800CL9Q2-32GBZL (4Gx8) compatibility

Hi ALL,

One of the local suppliers sells this ram for a really really good price compared to any other gaming ram on the market. To give you an indication of the price i can get the set at, It is cheaper to buy this bundle than to buy normal kingston or any value ram. Now that leads me to the question.

This( [ RipjawsZ ] F3-12800CL9Q2-32GBZL (4Gx8) ) is obviously 8x 4gb chips which im planning on running in 3 different machines. First machine is has an Asus maximus 4 gene-z with 2500k CPU. Will 16gb of this ram work on this board without problems?

Secondly i have 2 oldish gigabyte boards, to be precise ga-g41mt-s2 which only support up to 8gb with core2duo e7600. Will this motherboard also run 8gb of this ram?

Would appreciate all the help from you knowledgeable chaps

Thanks
    Madh4tt3r

The Maximus should be no problem, will have to set the timings manually since with not using the whole set XMP may not set things up correctly. On the GBs may have to drop them to 1333 and set up manually at like 8-8-8-24, 1.5, 2T and the FSB to 1333 (which may cause the CPU to run hot, if so lower the multiplier, but overall yes, should be able to run all three with little problem, and we'll be here to help if needed

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

awesome! thanks very much for the help. Will place the order now and hope that everything goes smooth, Im not very clued up with entering manual settings on the motherboards. Any hints or guides i can read to explain this more?

Again thanks for help

Comment

Basically for what you'd have to do (if anything) woould be make sure you have the latest BIOS, the 16GB in the Asus and maybe even the 8 ea in the GB mobos may pick things up correctly under Auto from the install...and as said if any problems someone is around here every day to help

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok thanks again for the help so far Ordered the ram and waiting for delivery, will probably be here tuesday or wednesday.. If i run into any issues will definitely come let you know and hopefully can fix it or will have to ship the ram back to the suppliers. Im sure it should work like you say, going to do bios updates on both boards today and be prepared

Comment

We'll be here, let us know, even if no problems

Tman

Comment

Ok so got the new ram, Made sure bios was updated on my motherboard to 3305. Put the ram in and went into the bios and the AI overclock tuner is set to Auto. It looks like everything is picking up like it is supposed to.

I ran into this guide on the G skill website.
              https://docs.google.com/document/pub...0OU5VPe6CUoFso

Or go to

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=428

and under the supported motherboards click on the XMP manual next to the Asus Rampage IV Extreme

What does XMP do? I decided to turn it on and check, after about an hour of being on my CPU was hitting 70 to 80 degree temps and my asus software was giving me warnings. Can anyone explain how this works a little more or why temps would go up so high? when i turned it off temps went back down to 30 degrees. Also i never set the same timings as in the pics above, i used 9-9-9-24.

Edit: have tested the ram on auto mode and seems to work fine, i knew i wouldnt see a huge improvement boost but feels nice having 16gb ram from 4gb Also got another pair of them in the gigabyte board working perfectly didnt need to change a thing.
              Last edited by madh4tt3r_za; 06-13-2012, 04:08 AM.

Comment

With XMP turned on, it makes the adjustments needed to the BIOS to run the full set of DRAM, including raising voltages for the full set of sticks, so in effect your voltages bumped up to run 32 GB and that's way to high for 2 sticks, the excess unneeded voltage creates heat as does the additional voltage sent to the CPU - that's why I was saying to set up manually (XMP only works with the full packaged set, when you split it out, it won't be right for any system the assorted sticks go in.

Tman

Comment

Aha i see, sorry i missed that somehow earlier.

I have left it at auto and everything seems to be running well now so will probably just leave it as is. Thanks for all the advice!

Comment

No problem, glad all is going well

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X