System Instability F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Instability F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Hoping for some advice on memory settings/unstable PC. I have a fairly new PC:

Asus P8Z77-V
    Intel i5 3550
    G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD
    Windows 7 Enterprise x64

I seem to have instability issues with this PC. BSOD's, applications crashing etc. I have performed multiple (like a good 20) fresh installs of Windows 7 Ent x64.

After a fresh install before installing any drivers or software of any kind I can often produce in the event log the following error:

WHEA-Logger Event 19
    A corrected hardware error has occurred.
    Reported by component: Processor Core
    Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
    Error Type: Internal parity error
    Processor ID: 2

The motherboard has the very latest BIOS version, as does all of the hardware I have in the system. I am not overclocking the CPU or memory, BIOS settings are default.

If I disable Turbo Boost for the CPU in the BIOS, stability is better, but I still get the occasional crash or BSOD. The BSOD's can be anything from Memory Management, Driver IRQL not less or equal etc...

I have tried running with just one DIMM, each one at a time. Still changes nothing.

I have run the Intel processor test app, it passed ok. I have run memtest over the memory for a few passes which and it passed ok.

Do I need to change anything to do with memory timings etc.. in the BIOS to make sure this g.skill memory is working properly with the CPU? I would have thought at default settings it should hum along nicely...

Help!

Thanks
    Jason

Did you set them up manually or under XMP?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi there, I havent setup anything manually as I dont really know much about memory timings or overclocking in general - im just after a stable system.

I did try once selecting XMB and leaving it at the default selected profile, however that didnt resolve the issue.

Do you have some recommended settings for this particular memory?

This morning I have had 15 of these events:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
      Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
      Error Type: Internal parity error
      Processor ID: 2

Thanks
      Jason
      Last edited by jkstewie; 06-08-2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

You can check and make sure you have the latest BIOS and if not update that, but your error codes indicates a problem in both instances of an error with Processor Core 2 in your CPU - think I'd pull the CPU and make sure no thermal compound seeped on to the bottom of the CPU or in the socket and also check the socket for bent/broken pins

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, BIOS is up to date version: 1015. Checked CPU for physical damage. Thermal compound is all tidy and where it should be.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Can try manually, disable XMP, set the base timings manually to 9-9-9-24, the CR (Command Rate) to 2T and try the DRAM voltage at 1.55

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X