EVGA Z77 FTW + TridentX Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVGA Z77 FTW + TridentX Series

I know these EVGA Z77 FTW MB's just came out but does anyone else have one? I can't get my 2 x 8 GB 2400MHz TridentX PC3-19200 DIMM's to do any speed over 1867MHz no matter what settings/configuration I try. Just wondering if it's the MB or the DIMM's
    EVGA Z77 FTW | Core i7 3770k @ 4.8GHz | 16GB G.Skill Trident-X 2400 | SLI EVGA GTX 680 SC's/GTX 260 SC dedicated PhysX | Intel 520 SSD's RAID-0 | ThermalTake 1475watt | 3DMark11- P16,333 - X6586 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | Nvidia 3D Surround

Might want to check and make sure you have the latest BIOS, then will want to enable XMP and select the 2400 profile.....there is a possibility that EVGA doesn;t have the BIOS up to snuff yet with 8GB sticks, so try the above and let me know.....You in Greyhound country? Carmel?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yep. EVGA just confirmed that it's a BIOS problem with 8 GB DIMM's. Good guess! lol. I'm close to Carmel and Bub's Ugly Burger
      EVGA Z77 FTW | Core i7 3770k @ 4.8GHz | 16GB G.Skill Trident-X 2400 | SLI EVGA GTX 680 SC's/GTX 260 SC dedicated PhysX | Intel 520 SSD's RAID-0 | ThermalTake 1475watt | 3DMark11- P16,333 - X6586 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | Nvidia 3D Surround

Comment

Hopefully they'll have a fix soon, have you tried setting up manually? Prob have to go into the advanced timings....I'll see if I can find some settings for you........asked about Carmel when I saw the IP, I pretty much grew up out there from when it was nothing to about when it really started growing in the 60's and 70's

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yep. Tried everything. Anything 2000MHz or higher and it's power off/on city. Luckily EVGA is fixing that in their next BIOS revision. Carmel is considered rich folk snooty town now haha

Comment

Well hope they get it soon, if you can post your current timings, advanced timings for the DRAM and systems voltages we might get a head start on their BIOS, that's what I had to do with ASRock and a couple of their mobos - figured all the timings and passed it to them, then they rewrote the BIOS to take 8GB sticks in 16 and 32GB sets (at 2133 and 2400 anyway).

Yeah when I moved to Carmel as a wee little one, there was main street and that was about it, when I moved away it had grown in leaps and bounds, was getting some really nice houses and all, the nicest apartments were at Hunter's Glen, which I think has gone condo a few years back, that's where I had lived till '75.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X