Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000cl11-4gbxl

Hello!

I have been having trouble with getting my memory up to 2133 as it states. I have an Asus Crosshair Formula V Motherboard with BIOS version 1402 with the AMD Phenom II 1100T X6. I also have an HIS 6970 IceQ Mix (dunno if the video card is relevant) and an 850w psu. I have tried the xmp setting it had, but it just hangs, any help with this would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

P.S.
    So far i'm running at 3559 MHZ and my memory is running at 1740

How many modules do you have?

CPU Host Frequency needs to be 267 for DDR3-2133, so set that.

CPU-NB Frequency should be ~2937 to 3200MHz

Must raise CPU-NB Voltage to stabilize the memory controller.

XMP can work instead of manually inputting basic DRAM settings, just don't forget to tweak the above as XMP will not do that.

Keep us posted on the results!

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have 4 modules

Comment

From what you show am guessing it's a model # off an individual stick, do you actually have a single 4x4GB set or a pair of 2x4GB sets, reason I ask if it's two sets then XMP won't work as the XMP programming is by the set. If it's a 4x4GB single set you'll still need to follow GSkill Techs instructions, but won't need as much voltage for a single set as you might with two sets. Single set may need to raise DRAM voltage + .05 and CPU/NB probably + .1 to + .15

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have 16gb total. The xmp does not work. and I tried doing what you said, but no luck.

Comment

sorry, to be more specific I have 4x4

Comment

The MC in your 1100T may not be able to handle 4 sticks at 2133. might try down to 1866 (or possibly 1600), haven't seen many FX-8150 even that can handle the 2133 4x4GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

well, after some tweaking I have it running at 2134. I re-tried what g.skill tech said. The downfall is that it's unstable. I tried prime95 using small fft's and it freezes my pc. any thoughts? not any options for 1866, will only let me go down to 1776 from 2134.

Comment

I raised the memory voltage to 1.65 and the cpu/nb frequency to offset mode with 2937 and the cpu/nb to .15

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X