Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geil RAM and Asrock x79 compatibility problem

Hello,

I have a problem with my 1866 geil RAM and x79 mobo....
    My specs are :
    Intel I7 3820
    Asrock x79 extreme - m
    2 x 4 GB Geil BlackDragon at 1866 Mhz
    nvidea GTX 560...

And now the problem:
    a) The manual set freq. at 1866 in bios freezes my. comp. (on automatic - it detects only 1600)
    b) If I install the dimms in the first two banks - computer restarts and / or freezes in windows (In the mobo specs. it is specified to install the ram in the first two banks)
    c) If I install the dimms in the 3rd in 4th banks, and set in bios the freq. at 1600 Mhz the PC starts, windows works, but time to time freezes (its been 12 hours and the pc looks stable.For now). Did some ram tests with MEMTEST (nice free app) in windows and it came out :

" Memory error detected ! Copying between b18d50a and b18d2b6 did not result in accurate copy.
    MemTest has detected that your computer cannot accurately store data in RAM. You need to fix this."

Can someone enlighten me? What should I do?
    Should I try to install the dimms in bank 1 and 3 ? does it matter?

P.S. Right now I'm putting a lot of stress to the CPU and RAM (rendering) and the system looks stable. Again, for now.
    Regards to everyone
    (sorry my english)

Well GSkill doesn't make Geil DRAM, but suggest you make sure you have the latest BIOS, then Enable XMP and try that...if no joy get back and we'll try and help, or try Geil for help w/ their DRAM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

10X

i have updates the bios, enabled xmp, and the tests seem fine for now.
      PC seems stable.

Comment

Glad to hear it, we help whenever we can, even on a non-GSkill related problem

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i wonder if anybody uses G.Skill RAM and contacts Geil for support :P

Comment

I am gonna be one of those guys )

Comment

If you do let us know how they answer

Tman

Comment

I will. But hey, I have anouther PC with KINGSTONE DDR, if I will have a problem with that ....
                You will be the first to know )

...and Geil second.

Comment

We'll be hear

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X