Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question : ARES F3-2133C9Q-16GAB

Hi folks.

I'm currently using G.SKILL ARES F3-2133C9Q-16GAB (16GB) memory.
    Spec here : http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=489

My brief system spec is as follows :
    3770K @ 4.5 GHz
    AsRock Fatality Z77 Professional
    G.SKILL ARES F3-2133C9Q-16GAB

The G.SKILL memory is rated to run at 2133MHz @ 1.65V with 9-11-10-28 2T timings.

I'd like to know if there's anyone here successfully have them running at 1T instead of 2T ?? (with Memtest, LinX etc stress test passed).

Can try it, as is, or maybe try with an extra + .03 to + .05 to the DRAM voltage.....and maybe someone who has done it will chime in

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

4 modules will most likely be 2T, especially at DDR3-2133

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

I just tried 1T and Windows showed BSOD while booting.

Comment

Could try with looser timings, but would be slower than with the 2T and tighter as is now. Some just aren't happy at 1T

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

No problem with 2T anyway, it's not like you will notice a difference at all.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

I'll settle with 2T. Thanks guys!

Comment

No problem, Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Here's the difference. It makes a little difference, but not noticable and not worth the work to get it stable, which I never did.

With 2T

With 1T

Last edited by essenbe; 06-07-2012, 05:32 AM.
                  i7-5930K - Asus X99 Deluxe- 16GB G Skill DDR4-2800 - EVGA GTX 980 Classified -Corsair AX 1200i -4 X Samsung 500GB SSD - XSPC RX360 - Alphacool UT60 360mm - D5 Pump - Phanteks Enthoo Primo Case

Comment

Cool.

By the way, this memory should have no problem running at 1600MHz with 9-9-9-xx timing + 1.50V, right?

Not sure what value I should put for RAS# Active Time (tRAS). It's 28 at 2133MHz.

I ask because lowering this G.SKILL memory from 2133MHz (1.650V) to 1600MHz (1.50V) might help overclock my 3770K further. (It's currently at 4.2).

Comment

Not at all, better timings would prob 8-8-8-24 or even 7-7-7-22

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                        Not at all, better timings would prob 8-8-8-24 or even 7-7-7-22
                        Are you saying the G.SKILL memory I have can run at 1600MHz with tighter timings than 9-9-9-xx ?

Also, decreasing 2133 to 1600 and voltage from 1.65V to 1.50V should lower temperature on my 3770K, right ? (Or does this not have any impact on CPU temp) ?

Comment

Yes, to underclock a set of DRAM is the opposite of OCing, normally if you took the 2133/CL9 set up to 2400 you'd raise CL to 10 and add voltage, likewise, when you underclock, you can tighten timings and lower voltage - it might take a little experimentation, but at 1866 should probably be able to hit 8-9-9-28/29 1.6 or so, and at 1600 8-8-8-24/26 at 1.55 or possibly even down to CL7....might take a look at this thread:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10602

which are some basic results I got from playing with some sets of sticks (4x4GB and a 4x8GB set) the 1866 set was native 9-9-9-28 and took those up to 2133 and down to 1600 (and listed loose timings - didn't really push the timings that much - which is why I say you can prob run your set at a CL7 base for 1600.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X