MY MOBO shows 8GB instead of 16GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY MOBO shows 8GB instead of 16GB

Hi got o problem with my new ram G Skill 4x4GB, (my old was 2x4GB 1600 cl 7).

Bought G SKill 4x4 GB F3-1200CL9Q-16GBBZL Ripjaws Z and I cant get it running more then 2x4GB in BIOS, when try to putt all sticks in to the banks(16GB) or even 3 (12GB), the mobo signals memory problems or event won't start up. By mobo is GA 770TA-UD3 which supports 16GB of ram, and AMD Phenom II 955 BS. When channel interleaving is set to enable my PC always behave like mention above, however when i change channel interleaving to false the PC starts up with all 4 banks occupied, but still it shows 8GB, although in windows 7 64 it shows 16GB but only 8GB is in use. don't get what is wrong is it my mobo or cpu. Ive try running the ram at 1600 cl 9 / 1333 cl 8 / 1066 / cl 7, with no success to unlock all 16GB.

Could somebody help me with my problem, I'm struggling with it over 4 days with no luck.
    Is my BIOS setup or mobo/cpu limitations?

Try DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V

It can be difficult for that motherboard and CPU to stabilize full slots.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I will keep trying to work this situation on current mobo, but do You think that buying a better mobo would fix this problem with better chipset 970?

Comment

this model for example: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3

Comment

Yes, or 990, they allow better control for memory and CPU.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

how about Asrock 970 Extreme4 will it do the work?

Comment

Believe that might be better, if you switch make sure you upgrade to the latest BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

will do thx

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

got today Asrock 970 Extreme4 mobo, didn't upgrade the bios, just put my cpu ram and gpu to the Asrock mobo and magic, bios sees 4x4GB 1600 Mhz, need some further tests with new system but it seems to be working fine, I will see if the system is stable and let You know

Comment

Appreciate it, glad all is looking good

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X