No announcement yet.

F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL and GA-P67A-UD4-B3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL and GA-P67A-UD4-B3.

Hi, my motherboard is Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 with F8 bios, my memory is F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL, my cpu is 2600K and my os is windows 7 professional. Everything is running stock with no overclock for now.

I have random freezes with the sound looping, and never a BSOD, the only way to recover is with a hard reset. Event log shows only the abnormal restart. Windows diagnostic memory tool, memtest 86+ and prime 95 show no error.

The frequency of the freezes is total random, sometimes there is no problem for many hours or even days, and sometimes the problem occurs many times during the same day or every few minutes. I can't purposely recreate the problem, and it happens during both load and idle states, for example, working, playing games, browsing on the internet or even staying still doing nothing, on the desktop.

Memory XMP profile is not available in the bios (because of the x4 dimms.???) and all timings are auto, but in line with the ram specs.
    I suspect that due to the amount of ram, and the x4 dimms, i must raise the DRAM and QPI/VTT voltages a little. Am i right, and if so, how much should i raise the voltage?

Thanks and sorry for my English

Check that you have the latest BIOS F9, can be found here:

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...?pid=3759#bios

XMP normally only applies to sticks 1600 and higher, 1333 is basically the default boot freq, but ensure the sticks are set to their specs 9-9-9-24, DRAM voltage to 1.5, CR (Command Rate/Timing) to 2T. With 32GB may need to raise the MC (Memory Controller) voltage if the BIOS doesn't pick it up right (which is probable, many mobo manufacturers are still working on getting 32/64 GB sets down, and w/some 16GB sets)...you mention QPI/VTT but on your mobo it may be VCCIO or CPUVTT, might check that it's about 1.2. If still problems can raise VCCSA (system agent voltage a little, 1.2 or so should be plenty, then if stable can try lowering voltages a little while maintaining stability. Also check that you have the latest drivers for your mobo, can those here by going through downloads w/ your appropriate OS

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...px?pid=3759#ov

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I can't find the BIOS F9 in the link you provided.

All drivers for my motherboard are up to date.

RAM specs are set to:

tCL 9
      tRCD 9
      tRP 9
      tRAS 24
      tRRD 4
      tWTP 21
      tRFC 174
      tCMD 2

If you check this link, i have QPI/VTT:

http://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/html/...ltage Settings

I upped the QPI/VTT Voltage from 1.050V to 1.200V and the DRAM Voltage from 1.500V to 1.560V.
      I left System Agent Voltage on Auto. I will leave it with these values, see how it goes, and come back to you with feedback.

Thank you very much for the info.

Comment

Either they pulled the F9 or something, maybe it was a Beta, but for 32 GB the tFRC looks low, I run my 32 GB set between 255-278, they may not have advance timings ready for 32GB sets, that's been a problem for many mobo makers, I've been going back and forth with ASRock on a pair of their mobos....might drop them a line. Also if you can post the rest of your advanced timings I'll see if we can set them up manually

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Here you are

Last edited by kanenas; 06-01-2012, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Test one module at a time to make sure each can perform flawlessly.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

1. I have already tested the 4 modules together, and it took over two days for 10 passes
              But if you say so, then i will test each stick individually.
              For how many passes in Memtest86+?

2. Is it ok to test one stick at the time, in its normal slot, to test the motherboards slots as well, for example module 1 in slot 1, module 2 in slot 2 etc?

Comment

I'd try each one by itself in the primary slot - that should identify if a stick is bad, then can try each slot to see if maybe a slot is bad, I'd run 4 maybe 5 passes, those go fairly quick

Tman

Comment

Upping the QPI/VTT Voltage from 1.050V to 1.200V and the DRAM Voltage from 1.500V to 1.560V, didn't help at all. I still have the usual freezes...

Yesterday i lowered the QPI/VTT Voltage at default, upped the System Agent Voltage just below 1.200V and kept the DRAM Voltage at 1.560V. I will test and report back.
                  Last edited by kanenas; 06-04-2012, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X