• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ram question

Model of the motherboard: ASUS P9X79 DELUXE LGA 2011 Intel X79
    Model of the memory: F3-2400C10D-16GTX
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz

Simple question is ram compatible with cpu and mother board, also why does the ram state "Designed for 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors and Z77 platform Intel XMP 1.3 ready Removable top fin of the heat spreader XMP ready for 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors"
    if it works with the x79. Thanks for your time.

Not so simple answer, but to keep it bried, as new chipsets an sockets come out, new lines and models of DRAM are often introduced i.e. using GSkill as the example the new Trident X is indeed designed for the 1155 socket, Z77 chipset, and 4rd gen CPUs (i.e. 3570K, 3770K) just as when the 2011 socket X79 came out the Ripjaws Z line was introduced being designed in particular for that socket/chipset/CPUs, and the Ripjaws X for the 1155/P67/H67/Z68/ amd 2nd Gen CPUs. These new lines/models are backward compatible with previous sockets/chipsets/Cpus.....a couple good examaples, when the socket 2011/X79 came out it was the first to employ XMP 1.3, but included a profile for XMP 1.2.....this is one reason you seldom see anyone come out with lines of DRAM specifically aimed at AMD CPUs, i.e. their latest CPUs the FX series are rated UP TO 1866 sticks (at 1 per channel)....it would be hard to justify designing a new line of sticks specifically for a platform that tops out at 1866, when you are working on designs for DRAM that runs 2600, 2666, 2800 and faster, especially when you already have a number of lines/models of DRAM that can fulfill the needs of any AMD user.
    Specifically to your question, yes the DRAM will work with ASRock you asked about earlier as well as the Asus you currently are inquiring about, and as stated with the ASRock Extreme this and any other X79 that can handle 2400 sticks will require a healthy OC to run them, which is why the mobo specs list DRAM freq with a "(OC)" next to it, indicating an Overclock will be required

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks so much for the quick and informative response!

Comment

Not a problem, let us know what you decide on and if you need any more help we'll be around

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X