• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 7 64-bit BSOD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Model GA-P55M-UD2 Rev 1.0
    Ram: G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3 1600 Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    Data 2x2GB DDR3 1333 Model AD3U1333B2G9-B
    Processor: Intel I5 750 2.67GHz

Recently installed an EVGA GeForce GTX 550Ti and the 2x2GB G.Skill DDR3 Ram. Get a blue screen just about once a day for a week. Tried running it without the video card for a day, no blue screen. Tried without the ram for a day, no blue screen. Any error log I can upload or diagnostic I can do so I don't have to try to RMA everything?

Thanks

Are you mixing the 1333 AData sticks with the GSkill, if so, I'd guess that to be the problem. Any time you mix sets, even of the same exact model it can be problematic, if this is what you are doing you are mixing different brands, different frequencies, different timings.. If this is what is going on, try the new GPU along with just the GSkill sticks and see how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I am mixing the Ram. I contacted Gigabyte support prior to my purchase and they said since both Ram types were supported that I would have no problem other than the 1600 being restricted to the 1333 speed. I ran it fine with both chips in and the GTX 550Ti out and an old 9500GT in.

I will try removing the DATA ram and seeing how it runs.

If I do buy more ram I should buy an exact duplicate of the G.Skill ram?

Comment

Either that or a full set of the amount you want....Like I said, even two sets of the same model can be problematic, might get sets using PCB or ICs from different production lots, generally though with 1600 and below sticks they can usually be made to play together, even if they don't initially, with minor voltage adjustments

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X