No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL in Rampage IV Formula stabilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post some pictures of BIOS/EFI, this memory should have absolutely no problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Screenshots taken above with only 1 DIMM installed, but settings are the same as when all 4 are installed.
      All RAM settings are Auto except what XMP modified.
      I am not OCing. Just trying to get a stable system w/16GB.
      If you need more screenshots, please tell me where.

Comment

Been out most of the day, will try and get a better look and got back to you by 6PM PST

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Might want to contact Asus, if the DRAM advance timings don't change from having 1 stick to having all 4 then somethings wrong....the tRFC (DRAM Ref Cycle Time) is showing 128 and whie I don't have the same set, normally it's higher for 16GB, may 155-170ish...saw a few post on the net where folks are also having to raise DRAM voltage, VTT and even VCCSA to run 4 sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman, the above screenshots were taken while only 1 stick was installed.
            And, the one stick that was installed, has now gone bad. An application crashed overnight while the system was left on and idle. Rebooting into Memtest86+ shows 14000 errors after 1% through the test.
            Something is VERY wrong with this system, but I don't know what.
            It could be the CPU, the mobo, and/or the PS.
            Unfortunately, there is no way to know what.
            I guess I need to RMA all three at the same time and get replacements as I'm getting near the 30 day return policy on these components.
            Any recommendations?

Comment

Might go ahead and get RMA bumbers...then if you or a friend has a system thats somewhat compatible can A) test DRAM in a different system that runs DDR3 B) possibly borrow a PSU and see if that solves the problem C) With a RMA anyway, pull CPU and see if any bent/broken pins in socket or any dust/thermal compound in socket/on bottom of CPU

Tman

Comment

Final (I hope) update.

I RMAed the second set of memory and purchased another brand (begins with C and ends with R) that had the exact same specifications (4x4GB, 9-9-9-24-2T, 1.5V) on 06/02, which arrived on 06/06.
                It has been working perfectly ever since at DDR3-1600 XMP profile 1 and 1.500V, exactly the same as the G.Skill.

Sorry, I really wanted to use G.Skill based on my positive experience with my last system (G.Skill got me out of a jam with wonky memory on an X38 board), but this time it was not to be.

I want to thank Tradesman for the suggested advice throughout my problems. After 2 bad sets, however, I had to switch to something else because it was feeling hopeless and getting more expensive at the thought of RMAing the PS and mobo and maybe even CPU.

Comment

Sorry we couldn't get them running, on occasion (but very seldom, come across a mobo that just doesn't like the sticks, glad to hear all is running well though

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X