RAM compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM compatibility

RAM G.Skill Ares DIMM Kit 8GB PC3-14900U CL9-10-9-28 (DDR3-1866) (F3-1866C9D-8GAB) with
    MB ASUS M5A99X Evo, 990X (dual PC3-14900U DDR3) (90-MIBFL0-G0AAY00Z) compatible???

The Ares sticks 8GB (F3-1866C9D-8GAB) will work w/ the EVO...if you want to run at 1866 though, make sure you have a CPU that can carry the sticks, like a FX-8150 or 8120

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, I have this one!

AMD FX-Series FX-6100, 6x 3.30GHz, boxed (FD6100WMGUSBX)

Comment

Memory Controller: Dual Channel PC3-14900U (DDR3-1866)

Comment

You can try, AMD states it supports UP TO 1866 at 1 DIMM Per Channel, but have seen numerous 6100s that couldn't carry 1866, just me as far as this goes, I'd suggest 1600 sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/me...6100-cpu-z.jpg

Comment

In your initial post you mention the set by model than later indicate "dual PC3-14900U" which I take/took to be 2 sets or 4 sticks, was just pointing out that many 6100s have trouble with even 2 sticks.

Tman

Comment

I intent to have x 4 sticks,
                is yours personal expirience or can you confirme this probs with some tests?

Comment

wiki:

Performance
                  There have been varying reports as to the performance increase of dual-channel configurations, with some tests citing significant performance gains while others suggest almost no gain.
                  Tom's Hardware found little significant difference between single-channel and dual-channel configurations in synthetic and gaming benchmarks (using a "modern" system setup). In its tests, dual channel gave at best a 5% speed increase in memory-intensive tasks.[6] Another comparison by laptoplogic.com resulted in a similar conclusion for integrated graphics.[7] The test results published by Tom's Hardware had a discrete graphics comparison.

Comment

When the FX CPUs came out, I picked up an 8150 and had a lot of problems getting them to run at 1866, and went back and forth with AMD who had been advertising these as 'Native' 1866, they have since changed that to 'UP TO 1866' with 1 DIMM per channel. Have worked with a few FXs since 4100, 6100, 8120 and 8150 and there have been problems...Also have encounteredd a number of problems with folks here on the forums, with some, they run OK, others can't get them to run at all

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X