Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOSTAR A880G+ AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Team,
    I have installed the RIPJAWS 4096X2 DDR3 PC#10666 in my BIOSTAR A880G+ AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard with AMD Phenom IIx6 1035 processor 2.60 GHz, My computer is unstable. I get BSOD a few minutes after boot up. I have tried to make a few changes to the BIOS in accordance with some of the suggestions in the forums. No change I have made has changed the instability of my system (of course with the exception of installing the original memory that came with the bare bones kit). Advice would be very much appreciated.

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Test one module at a time to see if either can work properly.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the help.
      I'll give it a try. Once finished I'll update.

Comment

We'll be waiting to hear your results

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I updated BIOS just now, I was a bit leery since I've never done it before. When I updated it came up with a CMOS error but when I set it to boot on Default window came up. I installed both sticks of Memory and so far its working. I'll have to stress test it out a little before I call it "good". But so far so good. I really appreciate the help.
          Last edited by Jeff_Mace; 05-23-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Keep us updated on your progress

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My computer crashed after 2 hours of playing Battlefield 3. I removed 1 stick of memory and am going to run 3DMark Vantage 1.1.0 benchmark program. I'll update in the a.m.

Comment

Might try raising the DRAM voltage just a bit + .04 and see if it stabilizes

Tman

Comment

My system ran all night without BSOD with one stick. My DRAM voltage options are to increase by .10v I was running it at 1.60v. The next option is 1.7V. There is HT voltage and chip voltage. Those can be set by +.05.

Comment

Try w/ both sticks at 1.6, if any errors try running Memtest to see if maybe a stick is showing bad

Tman

Comment

I've ran MEMTEST86 and it stopped working @ about 91% of the tests. But it didn't find any errors. I rebooted and lowered my voltage back down to 1.50v on my memory. I had been running 1.60v the whole time. So here it is about 24 hours later and approximately 6+ hours of use including multiple types of programs and the system seems stable. When I get another chance I'll run memtest again to see if it can finish without "locking up". If I have any more issues I will update the status. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Let us know how it goes, we'll be around

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X