Trident F3-2400C10D-8GTX and ASUS P8Z77-V Pro MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident F3-2400C10D-8GTX and ASUS P8Z77-V Pro MB

Just received 2x4GB sticks of Trident F3-2400C10D-8GTX for my new ASUS P8Z77-V MB. When I use one stick in the second DRAM slot (A2), everything works great. When I try to use two sticks in A2 and B2, the DRAM light comes on. At that point the motherboard won't boot or do anything (no display) but sit there with the fans spinning. Remove the B2 stick and everything is fine. Either of the two DRAM sticks will work perfectly in that single slot.

The processor is an Intel Core i7-3770K.

Also, if I try to use one stick in B1 or B2, the DRAM light comes on and the processor doesn't boot or do anything (no display). Unfortunately, A1 is blocked by the CPU cooler so I have no way to test that socket.

I have the latest ASUS BIOS (May 2012) loaded into the MB. This happens with or without overclocking since it is well before any overclocking takes place.

It isn't a major concern right now since I have to stick with 32-bit Windows 7 for compatibility reasons, but if I can go to 64-bit, I'd hate to be limited to a single slot.

Andy

P.S. Also appended the same question on the ASUS forum.
    Last edited by alk3997; 05-20-2012, 08:14 PM.

Might reset BIOS and try again in A2-B2...if both are good in A2 then slot B2 may be bad .. or .. they may have messed up the primary slots and the mobo want A1-B1 (despite what the manual says), this has happened in the past, on this board A1-B1 is slots 1-3 which used to be the norm for dual channel primary slots....guessing your cooler's fan hangs over a slot, can check to see if it's adjustable like the 212 EVO or if you can get your hands on some generic sticks or try the stock cooler can check A1-B1

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X