Clear All

• F3-1600C9D-8GAB failure

Hello,

I hope i am at the right place

I recently bought an homemade evolution kit for my computer:
    Code:
     Computer:
          Computer Type                                     ACPI x64-based PC
          Operating System                                  Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate N
          OS Service Pack                                   Service Pack 1
          Internet Explorer                                 9.0.8112.16421 (IE 9.0)
          DirectX                                           DirectX 11.0

Motherboard:
          CPU Type                                          QuadCore Intel Core i5-2500K, 3400 MHz (34 x 100)
          Motherboard Name                                  Asus P8Z68-V LX  (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
          Motherboard Chipset                               Intel Cougar Point Z68, Intel Sandy Bridge
          System Memory                                     4064 MB  (DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM)
          DIMM2: G Skill F3-1600C9-4GAB                     4 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM  (10-10-10-27 @ 761 MHz)  (9-9-9-24 @ 685 MHz)  (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz)  (7-7-7-19 @ 533 MHz)  (6-6-6-16 @ 457 MHz)
          BIOS Type                                         AMI (03/16/2012)

[ Motherboard ]

Motherboard Properties:
          Manufacturer                                      ASUSTeK Computer INC.
          Product                                           P8Z68-V LX
          Version                                           Rev X.0x
    I took an F3-1600C9D-8GAB RAM kit (the spec above is missing one RAM). I was receiving a lot of BSOD with IRQL errors and/or MEMORY_MANAGEMENT code. I tried to format my C: drive and reinstall windows 7, same BSOD.

I tested both RAM with memtest86+ 4.20, and one of the 2 RAM receives 800000+ errors on one pass, no matter on which slot it is placed.

The voltage are set to auto in the BIOS (1.5V).

Is there any other troubleshooting i need to perform before sending for warranty?

Best regards,
    Jon

If you got the errors running the stick by itself (i.e. not running both sticks at once) then I'd look to RMA... If it was with both sticks, might want to ensure you have the latest BIOS, then check the stick by itself with stock speed and timings. I'm not sure if they have an RMA set up in Europe yet or not, they do have tech support for Europe now, can drop an email to eurotech@gskill.com

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer.
      The stick has been tested alone on 2 different slots (same errors) after the BIOS was upgraded to the very latest version.

I will drop an email to eurotech@gskill.com.
      Then I will probably send it for warranty to the location i bought it from if there is no additional testing to do.

Comment

please kindly update the BIOS enable XMP and test it again. also exchange with the local distributor will be faster than send it to RMA.

Comment

The bios is up-to-date, it has been updated before running memtest.

I ran cpu-z and found out that XMP seems to be enabled already.

See screenshot:

Comment

What does it show in the CPU-Z memory tab, the SPD tab you posted is the timings that are in the SPD of the stick, not what it is actually running at, memory tab will show what it's running at

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, before the "Ai Overclock Tuner" was set to "Auto" in the BIOS.
              The frequency was set to 1600Mhz and voltage to 1.5V.

I now set it to XMP and there is now a bunch of settings that shows up.

I set "DRAM Voltage" to 1.5V.
              I set Memory Frequency to DDR3-1600Mhz.

Here is the result from cpu-z:

I also tried an option in the BIOS called (OC Tuner) and it set my frequency to 1648Mhz with Manual mode (not XPM).

I am not sure there is any other specific setting for this RAM sticks...

Comment

Looks like all is setting up right, quickest will prob be through the e/re-tailer, or can RMA

Tman

Comment

Ok thanks for your help. I will try an exchange of kit then...

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X