• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaw X 32gb with sabertooth 990fx

Motherboard: sabertooth 990fx
    Cpu: AMD FX-8150
    Memory: Ripjaw X ddr3 1866 8Gx4

im trying to use the ripjaw x 32gb (8GB x 4) with my sabertooth 990fx motherboard but whenever i try to boot up the computer the red DRAM led on the motherboard comes on red and the computer never boots, ive tried using the memok function on the motherboard to fix the compatibility with the ram but that did not work, ive also tried removing and re-arranging the ram just in case one was bad but again, that did not work, at the moment i just have 1 of the 8gb cards in my computer, still getting the led, and i cant find any information on the web so im hoping somebody here might have a suggestion as to what i could try next.

Thanks

What set or sets of DRAM do you have.....Might try with DOCP if your mobo has it....but if more than one set, running them at rated speed can be problematic, especially with AMD and even more especially with AMD and 1866 or above. The 8150 is rated for UP TO 1866 at 1 stick per channel (and those were 4GB sticks), with 32GB you have 8GB sticks. Not knowing exactly what set you have, I would suggest trying at 1333 9-9-9-24 2N. If you can get them stable at 1333, then can progress up to 1600 and hopefully get to the full 1866....but initially would start with 1333

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks for the reply but in order to change the speed i would need access to the bios would i not? because at the moment the computer will not boot that far, my monitor recieves no signal but the vga led is not on so i have to assume that the DRAM led being on is what is causing this, and since it is, i cant do any tweaking to get it working...

Comment

Try with a single stick in slot 1 closest to the CPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X