Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.skill ddr3 pc3-10666 1333Mhz OC

Hi all ^^

I'm new here but i follow this forum daily.

I have an oc pc and this mem, G.skill Ripjaws X pc3 10666 1333Mhz 2x2GB.

Actualy are oc to 1660Mhz but its unstable...I read that can be oc to 1800 with 1.6v and 9-9-9-24 latencys...

I have now, 1660Mhz, FBStrap 400. 9-9-9-24 and 1.6v....and nothing..

How should i configure bios to reach more frecuency? or i should change ram for another 1600 stock stick??

Thanks in advance!

What mobo and CPU and which actual set of DRAM They are 3 or so RJ X models in the 1333 10666 area, is it F3-10666CL7D-4GBXH? which would be most likey to hit the higher freq or is it F3-10666CL7D-4GBXM or F3-10666CL7D-4GBXL?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have a Q9550 CPU and maximus extreme x38.

My memories are "F3-10666CL7D-4GBXH". 2x2GB

Comment

OK a 9550, then you're on a socket 775 mobo, which has the MC (memory controller) in the NB (NorthBridge) chipset, so guessing you're around a 1600-1700 FSB, will prob have to raise that and then inch up the NB and/or DRAM voltage to stabilize....DRAM freq is tied closely to the FSB on the 775 mobos

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok thanks for response, i will try to reach 440FSB and raise up NB and DRAM too to look if its stable or what.. i will post result! so this mem can reach 1800mhz?

Comment

You never know, I've seen some amazing things (and read even more, though I take what I read with a grain of salt). Have seen sticks run at some extremely high OCs, alot of it depends on the OCer and their patience, some times it takes hours, even days to get the exact balance to be stable.

Tman

Comment

Today i'll try it to inch up to 1800Mhz with 1.6v and 9-9-9-24 1N.

SouthBridge does matter to oc rams? or only are influenced by the NB (memory controler)??

Comment

SB voltage can be kicked up a little to help the overall stability on an OCed system, but shouldn't take a lot. The NB is the primary voltage along with vCore for an OC

Tman

Comment

I need to relax my ram because its unstable...

I relax all voltajes too and im running with 1.21 CPUv and 1.33 NBv, 3.5Ghz frecuency and 415 FSB.

May it be that the psu dont hold the voltaje? i have, urano 600w with hd4850 :S

Sorry for my english....

Comment

Possible, or may have just reached the limit on the OC, how's your temps?

Tman

Comment

Temps are fine, CPU 28-29 ilde, 52 full :S

Comment

Sounds OK there, could try with a different PSu, but think may have hit the wall on the DRAM OC...never know though

Tman

Comment

Dram is 1333 and i lowered to 1160 :S

here i see what watts use my mobo oc..

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/124...e/index15.html

400w mobo, 100 more and less gpu, :S my PSU is a 600w...

I think that its a problem...

Comment

Possible, might see if any friends, co-workers have like a 700-750 or better you could borrow briefly

Tman

Comment

yea...i will looking for a new psu or know how many watts im using... i will post changes ^^ thanks a lot man

Comment

Working...
                              X