FX-8120, Sabertooth 990FX, and F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX-8120, Sabertooth 990FX, and F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL

I hope this hasn't been posted somewhere already!

I'm trying to establish the best timings possible for this build, right now running at stock setting (CL11, DDR3-2133) but I'm thinking I may have better performance with tighter timings at DDR3-1600 or DDR3-1866.

Question is; what are the timings this memory (F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL) is capable of at DDR3-1600 and DDR3-1866 on the AMD platform? There are so many settings and I'm not really familiar enough with these settings as I would like to be

For the record, the memory works flawlessly on this board with this CPU...!

At 1866 I'd try tightening the timings to 10-10-10-30 for better performance overall, 1600 might look to 9-9-9-28 or so. Tighter timings will generally increase performance at lower freq

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tman, the assistance is greatly appreciated. I'll give this a try and run some benchmarks, really was just uncertain about which timings to try.

Comment

That would be a good starting point, let us know how it goes and can maybe even try something better

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X