• Show
Clear All

• [ ARES ] F3-1866C9D-8GAB and msi 990fxa-gd80

Motherboard: MSI 990FXA-GD80
    VGA: Sapphire 7770 OC
    Ram: [ ARES ] F3-1866C9D-8GAB
    Bios:B.A0
    the problem the windows only use 3.97GB of ram
    i tried to set the ram timing manually but i got no where any body can help me??

Cpu:amd fx 8120

Comment

Might look in MSCONFIG to see if it's limiting the DRAM - go to START, type in MSCONFIG in the search box, hit Enter, on the Window that opens click on the BOOT tab, then the ADVANCED tab and make certain there's no checkmark in the MAX MEM box.....Also chack that you have the 64 bit version of Win 7 (cause it sounds like a 32 bit version which can only use 4GB), right click MY COMPUTER and select properties, under System Type it will show if it's a 32 or 64 bit OS. Also check that both sticks are firmly seated and latched in.....if nothing above helps, I'd pull the CPU and check it and the socket for dust, thermal compound, bent/broken pins

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

* Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.
        please check your windows version because some windows version couldn't support over 4GB

Comment

i changed my version of windows i even got to my delar and changed the ram kit but the problem still that i cannot use my 8G's of ram is it that the ares doesn't support amd msi990fxa gd80 what can i do please help i have tried 64 bit version an updated the last bios for the main board

Comment

Ares will run with the mobo fine, not all 8120s will run 1866 effectively, if your mobo has DOCP might try that at 1866, if no joy there, try 1600 at 8-9-8-28 2N, if that will work can try working up to 1866

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
              Ares will run with the mobo fine, not all 8120s will run 1866 effectively, if your mobo has DOCP might try that at 1866, if no joy there, try 1600 at 8-9-8-28 2N, if that will work can try working up to 1866
              i tried this and all the replays above none worked any other help????

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Tman

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?
                  yes i have

Comment

Might want to try a few passes of Memtest on each stick to see if may one is bad

Tman

Comment

Might want to try a few passes of Memtest on each stick to see if may one is bad
                      i have tried to remove on stick and keep the other put the system didn't worked at all even when i cleared cmos but i worked after i but it back an cleared the cmos

Comment

Can you lay your hands on a couple other sticks just to briefly test with, that might eliminate a bad socket, and narrow it down to a bad stick

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X