Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL9-8GBSR - FSB Settings, Timing & Voltage

Howdy folks!

I'm running two sticks of F3-17000CL9-16GBSR Sniper (for a total of 8 GB in two slots - dual channel) in an MSI 890 GXM-G65 mobo. My processor is a 1090T.

I've got it running pretty stable with an FSB increase to 225 - which means the RAM is running at 1800 and CPU at 3.6mhz. (I'm using the 1:4 ratio and the DRAM voltage is 1.651)

I've got three questions:

1. What should my optimal stable timings be with the 225 FSB?
    2. Should the voltage be set to 1.65 or 1.5?
    3. Should I make any other tweaks to voltage? NB? SB?

Stability is key here.

Thanks!

-SCP

Every mobo is a little bit different, if stable now and you want to try, could raise CPU/NB voltage a tad ( + .04 - .05 which if running DRAM voltage over stock might enable you to lower that a bit. Might also see if your mobo uses DOCP (DRAM Over Clock Profile) which might set the sticks up pretty well.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

1. Test for optimal timings. For DDR3-1800, you can try 8-8-8-24, 8-9-8-24, 8-9-9-28, 8-10-8-28, all 1.65V and see what the memory can do.

2. 1.65V for max performance

3. CPU-NB Frequency should be ~2700MHz for DDR3-1800. You may need to raise CPU-NB Voltage slightly to stabilize the system. Once all this is complete, your system should be ready to fly.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks...

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.... I'll try these settings and let you know how it goes...

-SCP

Comment

We'll be waiting to hear

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X