GA-MA770T-UD3P plus F3-12800CL9-2GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA770T-UD3P plus F3-12800CL9-2GBRL

I can run the system at either of the following settings. Not sure which one is better...the faster speed or the lower timings? If anyone would care to share their BIOS info, I'd appreciate it. Thanks for any help.

edit: processer is AMD 965 BE Oc'd to 3.8 if that makes any difference.

1:4
    2T

or....

3:10
    2T
    Last edited by Scott2553; 05-16-2012, 03:37 AM.

I'd try running a benchmark like MaxMemm Preview (free) at each speed to see what provided the better performance

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman...interesting that at 1333, copy/read/write is higher than at 1600. Latency is better at 1600 than 1333. So which is more important? Read/Wite speed or latency speed?

Last edited by Scott2553; 05-16-2012, 09:27 AM. Reason: Uploaded screen shots of mem test

Comment

The 1600 timings are rather loose, should be more like 9-9-9-24 or 27 don't remember which, at 1333 should be able to tighten down to 8-8-8-24 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Scott2553,

The settings you are contemplating are standard values. This memory is above standard, so it is capable of better.

Instead of these:

2T

or....

2T

You can try these and compare:

2T

or....

2T

For DDR3-1600, CPU-NB Frequency should be ~2400MHz, and CPU-NB Voltage may need to be ~1.15-1.20V. This will improve the memory's performance.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I changed the settings as you mentioned, but I get a single long beep during post, and it resorts back to 1333 and the timings go back to previous values. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks!

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS for that motherboard?

Try the DDR3-1333 settings..

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes, I have the latest BIOS for this motherboard (F12).

I try the 1333 settings with the same results (one long beep at post)

It seems that whatever I change the timings to causes the error. The only time it posts normal is if I leave the timing settings on AUTO, which results in those very loose numbers I mentioned above.

Scott

Last edited by Scott2553; 05-18-2012, 04:25 AM. Reason: add bios screen shots

Comment

Sounds like you may have a bad mobo or might have bent/broken pins, might check the CPU and socket on the pins and/or for possibly any thermal compound may have seeped in....even dust

Tman

Comment

I took my motherboard completely apart, cleaned everything, checked all pins, reapplied thermal compound etc.... didn't change a thing. I didn't think this would be a solution, but thought I'd give it a try anyway. Any other ideas? Have you guys ran this memory on this mobo before and had success? I'm beginning to wonder if this ram is even compatable.

Comment

Will drop GSkill Tech a note to take a look

Tman

Comment

If you want, you can send the memory in for RMA to see if a new kit works better.

Have you tried one module at a time?

Make sure the memory is installed in the same color slots furthest away from the CPU.

This combo should have no problem at all.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

At this point, maybe I should try new sticks. How would I go about doing that?

Thank you for your assistance.

Scott

Comment

If it's within the return time frame from your re/e-tailer can go that route or contact GSkill at rma@gskillusa.com

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X