GSkill F3-10666CL9D-8GBSQ Causing BSOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSkill F3-10666CL9D-8GBSQ Causing BSOD

The other day I had a BSOD which had never happen with my laptop before I replaced the memory with this new memory kit. Just ran MemTest86 v4.3 and it had errors, so I ran the built-in HP Memory Diagnostics and it failed. Seems the memory is bad and I need to RMA it? Please advise me if I need to RMA it, I think I do. Laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6.

Can you make any adjustments to the DRAM in your BIOS i.e. timings, voltage, etc (many laptops can't), if you can could try increasing the DRAM voltage a touch, if not then would guess either the stick isn't compatible (either type of DRAM or Amount) don't know what laptop you have

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I cannot adjust anything in the bios with this laptop, wish I could. Laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6.

Comment

I'd try the rma folks @ rma@gskillusa.com, sorry I can't help more, but I don't really work with laptops in my business much

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

NP, I will wait for them to respond

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

The replacement memory arrived yesterday and I ran MemTest86+ for 5 passes and then tested with the built-in HP diagnostics memory test for two passes. Both passed without any errors. The RMA process went well with G.Skill responding to all my e-mail questions, I liked that very much. My only complaint would be I had to pay for shipping back to G.Skill for replacement of their defective memory. Not just one stick was bad, but both were showing errors with MemTest86+.

Comment

Sorry can't help you with that, they normally urge folks to go through the e/re-tailer whenever possible and let those folks handle the return to/thru GSkill

Tman

Comment

Tman, I was not asking for help, this is just FYI stuff. But since you brought it up it had been over 30 days and Newegg's policy does not cover beyond that, so I was forced to go through the G.Skill. Kind of my own fault. For now on when I buy new memory, no matter who the manufacture is, I am going to test it first thing. That is just what I did with my new desktop memory I got, but unfortunately I did not think to do the same on my laptop until it was too late.

Comment

I've done the same thing

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X