2* 16 GiB Ares PC3-17066U CL9, Asus P9X79 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can try 1.7, what CPU and OC?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for asking...
      CPU: Core i7 3930K 6x3.2GHz
      OC are the same primary timings as shown in the screenshot by Onimax: 9-11-10-28 2N
      Everything other than Primary timings are currently set to "Auto". I try 1.7....

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS and have you tried XMP? You show the 3930K at 3.2, it requires and OC to run 2133, try XMP w/ the 2133 Profile #1

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I try 1.7V and after 5 min. memtest86+ shows the errors. It is the latest BIOS 2104 and i try XMP 2133 Profile #1 and #2 with the same result....do you mean CPU with 3.2Volt ?

Comment

The CPU-Voltage is 3.28 and i use 8 DIMM...

Comment

No, the way you had it, looked like the CPU is at 3.2 GHz needs to be OCed to about 3.8GHz, what is your CPU voltage (vCore) at?

Tman

Comment

Yes, the CPU is at 3.2GHz and the Vcore is 0.85V (shown in the ASUS AI Suite tool). It is necessary to OC the CPU to run the RAM at 2133MHz?

Comment

That's why in the mobo specs next to (normally) 1866, 2133, 2400 etc it has an OC next to it - to run the DRAM at full freq the CPU and the MC (Memory Controller) within have to keep up with it - take a look at my info thread in general discussions

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Tman

Comment

Yes there is for 2133 and 2400 an OC, but there is no information about the necessary of OC the CPU. I thought the system altered the ratio between CPU/RAM (i could not find this ratio in the UEFI BIOS).

Comment

It's suppose to under XMP, sadly many mobo makers are behind and off in their BIOS settings for enabling XMP

Tman

Comment

I had a similar thing happen to me this week. I have the 16GB Ares Series Kit and one of the sticks turned out bad. I took the new PC to a local computer repair shop to run some test, Then they installed another 4GB stick from another brand and somehow the whole system detected 16GB, I'm surprised that G.Skill Ram can work with other brands together.

Comment

Sometimes you get lucky, mixing sets can be problematic, but not always. Generally up to about 1600 is relatively easy, from there on up things can be harder, in part because of the changes in the tRFC and other advanced timings needed for more sticks

Tman

Comment

I wonder if it would be possible to replace the one defective 4GB stick for a new one?

Comment

Drop a line to rma@gskillusa.com and they can work w/ you; can ref this thread:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...t=10806&page=3

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X