Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-8GBXM compatible MB question

Hi

I got 2 sets of F3-12800CL7D-8GBXM. I bought also i7 2600k and Asrock Z77 Extreme6.

I had a problem with this MB since all sticks of memory was working in A1/A2 memory slots and none was working in B1/B2 (Dr Debug error 0x55 - Memory not installed). I assumed that MB was faulty and RMAed it and got a refund.

Now I wonder if that might compatibility issue between memory sticks and MB. So my question is should this RAM sticks work with Extreme6 and I should buy another one or there are compatibility problems between Extrem6 and F3-12800CL7D-8GBXM and should I look for another board (asus p8z77-v pro looks also nice).

Thanks in advance!

You have two sets of sticks and anytime you mix two sets it can be problematic, a 4 stick set would be better since they are tested to work together....however if the both sets work fine in A1/A2 and show as not installed in B1&2 it sounds like the they aren't installed fully, the slots are defective or the BIOS isn't reading them right. Did you have the latest BIOS? @1600 they should have picked up correctly so I'd lean towards bad slots if correctly and snugly installed.....I've worked with a number of ASRock mobos recently and while they have had some problems with higher capacity and higher freq sticks as to advanced BIOS settings, the sticks and that mobo should be a good combo that at most might require voltage adjustments if the mobo is good

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

To be exact I never tried this memory in sets since MB instruction was saying to put one dual channel set in A1/B1 slot or A2/B2 slot and I never got any stick running in B1/B2 slots. I've inserted single stick into A1 slot and every time it was working and moving to B1 slot always gave a 0x55 error. I've done it 10 times so I guess the slots where faulty.

I've tested the RAM also in old P67 MB and all 4 sticks where running perfectly fine (only tested @ 1333 since other MB didn't support higher frequency).

So if there is no known issues I'll go for another Extreme6 board and I hope I'll be more lucky this time

Thanks for your help!

Comment

No problem, think you just got a bad one, let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Finally went for ASUS P8Z77-V and memory is running perfectly fine at 1333. For 1600 it needs 1.55V (as you also suggested).

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

No worries, have fun and keep in touch..........

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X