Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with F3-17000CL9D-4GBXL and Asus P8Z77-V

Hello!
    I'm having trouble getting my system stable with a kit of Ripjaws X (F3-17000CL9D-4GBXL) at 2133 Mhz on the P8Z77-V (BIOS 0906). I activated the XMP profile but I got errors after a few seconds under Prime 95 (v26.6). I tried to raise the VCCSA voltage up to 1.25V, the DRAM voltage to 1.65V and change the options in the DIGI+ Power Control section but I can't be stable for more than 10 minutes whether I OC the CPU or not (i5 2500K). What should I do to get it work?

Try setting the Overclock profile to Manual and then adjusting the DRAM manually to 9-11-9-28
    1.6V.
    I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

Test one module at a time with XMP to see if both can be stable.

VCCSA 1.25V is much too high. Leave to AUTO, this memory should not need that adjustment.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for these quick answers. I put the AI Overclock Tuner to manual and adjusted the DRAM Timing Control and voltage but the result is the same.
        In fact I can't even boot with RAM at 2133Mhz if I don't raise the VCCSA voltage: the screen stays black and the DRAM LED remains on.
        I tested each module separately and the results are the same, it's even worse because DRAM LED stays on even if I raise VCCSA voltage.
        I encountered the same problem with this kit on a P8P67 Pro (3.1) but I was able to boot more often (though I wasn't Prime95 stable for more than 4 hours). There clearly seems to be something wrong with this kit...

Comment

Depending on where you bought and their return policy, normally 30 days, can go that route or contact GSkill for a RMA, info is here:

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

can contact them at rma@gskill.com

I believe they may have a center in Europe now, so be sure and ask about the easiest/quickest way for RMA

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Also a strange phenomenon occurs after I changed DRAM settings (and it happened on both the P8Z77-V and the P8P67 Pro): the CPU multiplier is stuck at the max value (37) instead of going down to 16 when idle. The only way I found to recover the normal behaviour of the multiplier is to enable the EPU switch. Then I can disable the switch and the behaviour stays the same until I change RAM parameters. Isn't it weird?

Comment

May be something with the CPU, I'd normally think the mobo or it's BIOS, but when the same is duplicated on two mobos, seems like the CPU might want to be looked at....might clean the bottom with rubbing alcohol and a foam swab or lint free cloth

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X