12800CL9D not working in 990FXA-UD5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let us know, we'll be around

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Is it normal for memtest to say
      Settings: RAM: MHz (DDR-800) / CAS: 4-5-5-15 / DDR3 (64 bits)
      ?
      Thats not what my RAM is.
      There doesnt seem to be any way to change it.

Also, its looking like one of my 2 sticks may be broken.
      Testing them 1 at a time, it wouldn't post with the first of the sticks. I'm about to try it in a different slot. Running memtest on the other stick right now.

Comment

Ok. I pulled one stick out and booted into windows. It never froze or rebooted for about 30 minutes. I tried the other stick by itself and it ran with no problems for about 30 minutes. I put them both back in and in less than 10 minutes it froze.

Comment

With both modules installed, try DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V

Let me know the result.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

I tried taking the suspect module out and put in a module my friend had of the exact same RAM. I played WoW for about an hour and left it running. It never reset or froze.

I took that RAM out and put my 2 modules back in. I tried 8-8-8-24 1333. I played WoW for about an hour with no problems, so I decided to try it at 9-9-9-24 1600. I played WoW all night long with both modules in at 9-9-9-24 1600. I'm talking hours and hours of no problem whatsoever. I turned it off and went to bed.

I wake up this morning and turn it back on. About 2 minutes after booting into windows, it freezes. I reboot and after about 20 minutes it freezes again. I took the suspect module out again, so I'm running 1x 4g module @ 9-9-9-24 1600, and its not freezing or rebooting.

Comment

May want to check on rma....can check with e/re-tailer or contact rma@gskillusa.com or (world) rma@gskill.com

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X