Needs Help Asus P8Z77-V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needs Help Asus P8Z77-V

I just recently bought this new MB and some new memory to go with it. The Gskill Sniper Series. F3-17000Cl-11D-8GBSR kit.

I have tried to get my PC stable with Intel Burn Test @ 4.5 and it is a no go. I have tried various settings and I cant get to get there. I have tried XMP mode and does not work. I have tried the DDR3-2133 setting and I cant get it stable there either. I have added more volts to it 1.65v and it locks up on me. I have some older F3-16000CL9D-8GBRM kit and with it.. I can get it stable at 4.5 but it is at 1866 and not the 2133 speed that I would like to get it at. I have LL Enabled, I have added extra Vccsa Volts, I have added CPU PLL Volts added and PCH Volts added.. to get the 2133 memory stable and I have had no luck with it. I have stayed within the Intel Spec for the what SB needs. what other settings can I try to see if I can get it stable at 4.5?

Specs :
    i2600k 1.34v 4.4ghz ( stable)
    memory v 1.6v ( DDR3 2000 memory ) for the moment
    PSU X650 Seasonic
    Asus P8Z77-V Bios 0906

Do you have the latest BIOS? Should be able to install the DRAM, go to BIOS, enable XMP and select the 2133 profile

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I do have the latest.. the 0906 version and I did try the XMP and it still locks up.

Comment

Can you post BIOS settings, if the UEFI is implemented correctly, you should be able to plug in a USB drive, go into BIOS and take screen shots by hitting the F12 key, it will automatically save each one to the USB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I got to adjust some settings on the new memory, the DDR3 2133 Sniper . I did get it to
          work in XMP mode. I left the DDR V @ 1.6 and ran some stability tests, got it stable
          @ 4.5ghz .. will this memory clock much past the 2133mhz speed if you give it more Volts or is it best ran @ 2133 in XMP?

i2600k 4.5ghz 1.36v
          Asus P8Z77-V
          Seasonic x650w
          Samsung 830 128gb SSD
          DDR3 2133 8gb Kit Sniper

Comment

I've found most Sniper sets OC well with a little more voltage and some added to the VCCIO (MC Memory controller voltage)
            Last edited by Tradesman; 04-21-2012, 07:06 AM.

Tman

Comment

@nfarnzy i was just looking at your Asus MB and its pretty close design to my Asus MB .

It says you can use DDR3 2133(O.C).

Does your Asus MB have D.O.C.P in the bios ??
              If so then Enable this to use the DDR3 2133 .
              Then select DDR3 2133 Profile in D.O.C.P and you should be ready to rock .

I have the Asus M5A97 Pro and was trying to figure out why it was crashing using DDR3 2133 untill i enabled D.O.C.P in my bios and it was all systems go .

Hope that helps

Comment

Stormshadow

DOCP is AMD related, sort of their answer to XMP for Intel mobos, nfarnzy is running Intel.

Tman

Comment

More DRAM Voltage and possibly some timing tweaking will be necessary.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X