Gskill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT + M5A88-M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gskill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT + M5A88-M

Hello, i recently bought two modules of memory: "Gskill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT (4Gx1)" and I wonder if it is compatible with the motherboard: Asus M5A88-M.

can someone clarify this for me?

Might, individually either should work, the two together may take some tweaking, you'll want the latest BIOS, install the sticks and give it a try, if a problem will prob have to boost DRAM and CPU/NB voltage for the two sticks, prob add + .05 to the DRAM voltage and + .1 to the CPU/NB voltage, can try that and let us know what happens

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

the model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL is a good option for this MB?

Comment

It's a good choice yes, just be sure your CPU will run 1600 sticks, I normally suggest a minimum of a 965 Black

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I'll buy one of the two cpu: AM3+ FX 6100 or 8120, but not decided yet.

Comment

Both should handle 1600 fine, I'd lean towards the 8120

Tman

Comment

Yea, but motherboard especifications say:

4 x DIMM, Max. 16GB, DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
              Dual Channel Memory Architecture
              * Refer to www.asus.com or user manual for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
              * Due to OS limitation, when installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows? 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Install a 64-bit Windows? OS when you want to install 4GB or more memory on the motherboard.
              * AMD FX Series CPU on this motherboard supports up to DDR3 1866MHz as its standard memory frequency.
              * When overclocking, some AMD CPU models may not support DDR3 1600 MHz or higher frequency DIMMs
              * Due to CPU spec., AMD 100 and 200 series CPUs support up to DDR3 1066MHz. With ASUS design, this motherboard can support up to DDR3 1333MHz.

Ie, it supports up to 1333mhz without overclocking (Original Clock of mb is up to 1333MHZ) i'm do not will make overclock..

Comment

According to ASUS they say it supports the FX series up to 1866 as it's standard, which should make up to 1866 plug and play, however it doesn't tell you how much (AMD advertises them as 1866 1 stick per channel), I'd be comfortable with either CPU at 1600

Tman

Comment

Hi again, i want know if the memory "Gskill Sniper - F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR" is compatible too with Asus M5A88-M? and what are better RipJaws or Sniper?.

Comment

I think both are good with AMD mobos and CPUs, of the two, the Snipers are my favorites for their versatility and OCing ability, I've run them in a number of my systems and always keep some sets around for upgrades for clients. If they had them in a 32GB set I'd be running that in my primary (was running 16GB Sniper 2133/CL9 before this 32GB Ripjaws X set)

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X