No announcement yet.

ARES F3-2133C9Q-16GAB Faulty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be your call, the biggest consideration is that the sticks are good, running stable and your pleased with the performance....can always experiment further to take them higher and higher, a lot of it is time and patience

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Bugger, just had video driver failure playing bf3. Will test sticks individually and get back to you i guess :S

Comment

That can be the GPU driver, or a few other things, may want to up MC voltage .01

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Could MC voltage be called something else with asrock mobos? Cant see it anywhere

Comment

Sorry, prob VTT, CPU VTT or possible VCCIO on you mobo (it's MC for Memory controller, got ahead of myself in the last post, should have specified)

Tman

Comment

No problem.

Raising vtt may have helped. I noticed last night by chance that running the 3dmark11 demo on extreme resulted in driver failure (i never ran the demo before, just benchmarks, which is why i hadnt notices it before). This morning i raised vtt a little and i ran the demo through 5 times with no problems.

Is this pointing towards bad ram or bad mobo do u think? Thx for ur help so far, will keep you posted.

Comment

Can experiment with the voltages, might even try raising DRAM voltage a hair more, (or even VCCSA, not sure how CPU is set up voltage wise i.e. at a fixed amount or with an Offset, that could also be the cause of a crash with games in particular could also be GPU or GPU driver, the GPU makers are constantly updating drivers and it's not performance related but fixes for (primarily) games and BM (bench marks)

Tman

Comment

CPU is oc to 4.4ghz wirh +120 offset. Is it better to have fixed vcore?

Comment

Depends on the vCore the system needs for stability, I normally run an offset up through 4.6 with 1155 mobos. At 4.6 I've got my P67/2500K at + .020

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by kibwah View Post
                      Hi all

I'm in need of help with my recently upgraded system. I suspect my ram may be faulty.

Specs are:

Asrock Xtreme9 x79
                      i7 3930k
                      ARES F3-2133C9Q-16GAB
                      Gigabyte gtx 680
                      Corsair H80 Cooler
                      Seasonic 1000w platinum PSU

Firstly I am unable to get the system stable when running the ram at it's advertised spec (2133mhz 9-11-10-2N) 1.65v). When running prime95 i get rounding errors, sometimes within 10 minutes other times after an hour, seems completely random when the errors occur. This happens when processor is at stock clocks or overclocked. I tested today with xmp setting in bios set to 'standard' as oppose to 'xmp-1' 'xmp-2' or 'auto', and was prime stable for 11 hours with no errors.

Also occasionally while playing bf3 the game crashes (game freezes and a weird, short buzz sound comes out of speakers, then crashes to desktop). The application is still running in task manager but the system is unresponsive until close the application through task manager. Could this be ram related?

Thx in advance for your help
                      Same problem here although I have different specs:

ASUS SABERTOOTH X79
                      Intel Core i7 3930K (Not OC'ed)
                      ARES F3-2133C9Q-16GAB
                      Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Overclocked 3GB
                      CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W Power Supply

Running on Windows 7 64bit

Currently I'm running at 1600 MHz just to keep my system stable.
                      I've read on other forums with other people are having similar problems. I'll try to follow some of the suggestions to see if I can get it to work as advertised.

Hopefully a MB bios flash could help in the future.

Ben

Comment

Will want the latest BIOS, and if wanting to run 2133, it will require an OC, can also prob run at stock CPU Clock, at maybe 1866 and tighten down the timings for 1866

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                          Will want the latest BIOS, and if wanting to run 2133, it will require an OC, can also prob run at stock CPU Clock, at maybe 1866 and tighten down the timings for 1866
                          I've flashed to the latest bios already. To be honest I haven't mucked around in my bios settings in many months. My previous system I got OC really well and it lasted me two years.
                          I'll have to do a bit of research again.

Ben

Comment

If it's a brand new build, would give it a few days before OCing anyway to let the thermal compound cure, but if you need any help, with the DRAM or even the OCing, there folks here to help out

Tman

Comment

Ive had my system stable with ram @1866 for a while now with no dramas. 2133mhz seems like a no go, cant get it working no matter what i do. Let me know if if u manage to get urs running at 2133

Comment

Working...
                              X