• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory for p8z77-v deluxe

Need some memory for a new setup.

Board ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
    CPU i7-2600K
    GPU GTX295

Looking for 16GB total. DDR3 1600. Preference is 4x4, but I'm open to 2x8.
    Of course, this MOBO is seriously blue so...! But really looking for best bang for the buck.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Do you have a particular Speed/freq in mind? My first thought would be Ripjaws X in 2133 or the Ares at 2133, either preferably with CL9......need a little more input to narrow things down speed/freq and how bout budget?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My first thoughts are DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800). 16GB under $150. I'm open to suggestions....I could be persuaded!

Comment

At 1600 I'd suggest the Ares - F3-1600C8Q-16GAB or Ripjaws Z - F3-12800CL8Q-16GBZH, 1600 at CL8 so a bit of a performance boost over the CL9 @ the Egg $135 and $140, but can jump to $150 and go 2133/9 he Ripjaws X F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXM or the RJ Z F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH....also if not interested in OCing at the moment (with the 2600K it's hard not to) can take tose 2166 sticks and run them at 1600 wit CL7, which is even better that the 1600 set mentioned

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So the 2133/CL9 Ripjaws (x and z) are primarily the same, right? I like the advice. I'm going with the F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXM from egg. This hot MOBO deserves these. 2133 looks to be the sweet spot as prices jump with higher specs. Thanks for the quick response and all your help!

Comment

The big differences between them are the Z line is newer (may be different chips) and are primarily designed for the socket 2011 and Quad channel under XMP 1.3, the do however also have a profile (#2) that is set for the dual channel 1155 (and other mobos), so, with the Z77 you'll prob be able to use eiter profile under XMP, but profile 2 might have a little extra zip (it will be minimal)

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the explanation of the differences. Unless you think the RJ Z 2133 is significant bump in performance, I like the F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXM (RJ X) set. Seems a little more native for the Z77. Messing with my shopping cart at egg earlier today and they emailed me a %15 off code for today/tomorrow so I'm set with these. Thanks again.

Comment

The X's are native to the 1155, am pretty sure you'll be happy with them, have used a number of those sets on different builds and they run great
                Last edited by Tradesman; 04-16-2012, 08:12 PM.

Tman

Comment

Ordered the RJ X 2133 set. I'm in NJ so I'll have it Wednesday. Thanks for your help and I'll let you know my results.

Comment

Be waiting to hear

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X