Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB

Hello,

In December 2011 I bought 8GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 RipjawsX Series for Sandy Bridge (9-9-9-24) Dual Channel kit and since this week, my computer keeps crashing.

I get the blue screen of death in Windows 7. In Ubuntu, applications start to crash and sometimes the system halts.

My PC is working at stock clock speed and voltage.

I ran a memtest and it has detected over 3,600,000 errors. (Picture here: http://i.imgur.com/RSRRM.jpg)

Is there a way to fix this? or do I have to claim RMA?

Model of the motherboard: ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
    Model of the memory: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 RipjawsX Series for Sandy Bridge (9-9-9-24) Dual Channel kitModel of the CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K

Can check and make sure the timings are correct, CR is at 2T, have the correct DRAM voltage, may have had a power spike or a CMOS reset that through them off, if all looks good, then may want to think RMA

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

How do I check CR?

DRAM Voltage is set at 1.5V

Comment

Should be a setting called Command Rate or Command Timing, something like that, it will be the only setting with something like 1T, 2T, 1N or 2N it should be 2 with either the N or T designator, not sure what set you have but Memtest shows timings of 11-11-11-28, which doesn't sound right for 1600 sticks in an 8GB set

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

CR says 1N and it is in auto mode. Should I change it to 2N (only available option)?
          The timings are indeed 11-11-11-28

Comment

And should I change the timings to 9-9-9-24?

Comment

Yes and Yes, give it a whirl

Tman

Comment

I changed the settings and things were worse, at least Ubuntu was crashing more often. I kept changing the settings, like setting in auto the times, and the Ct to 2N, but nothing helped.
                I removed one of the memory sticks and did a memtest, so far is not showing errors, so I suppose only one of the memory sticks is damaged.

I have a few questions.

If I claim RMA, do I have to return the whole kit, or can I just return one stick?
                If I don't live in USA, is it possible to claim it and get the replacement by mail?

Comment

Believe they recommend RMAing the whole kit, but think they will do a single stick, and not positive of how it works with Mexico, I believe it goes through the US offices, will want to email rma@gskillusa.com, they list coverage as Pan-American which I thinks services Mexico and Canada also rather than sending through China

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X