No announcement yet.

Evga x79 sli + f3-2133c9q-16gab (ares)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evga x79 sli + f3-2133c9q-16gab (ares)

A few days ago, i was very excited because i just received the new memory kit i ordered..
    G.Skill ARES F3-2133C9Q-16GAB (4x4)...
    Removed my old kit (1600) and plugged the brand new into the memory sockets.
    Bios reset, entering bios and trying to get right timings on my memory...
    Tried XMP1, but the memory was running at 1333, XMP2 no post (or at least boot loop, no screen (post).
    So, i thought the put all timings manually but it failed to run at 2133...
    Upped voltage on VCCIO (1.2v) & VCCSA to (1.2v) same results...
    After spending some hours i finally got this kit running at 2133Mhz but i had to loose timings..
    So now, it runs but not at the specified speed : 2133Mhz, 10-11-10 30 104 2T 1.65v (VCCIO & VCCSA on 1.1v).
    You see me coming... i bought this kit because of CAS 9 and I can not run it at this timings... is this normal or should I start a RMA ?
    Alternatively, can someone, perhaps, help me to get this kit working at the right timings?

I've been trying for to get the right timings working and i failed all the time..

Best Regards,

w00tie

First thing, make sure you have the latest BIOS, then try with XMP again - if you already have the latest BIOS then can try setting up manually - do the BIOS thing bit first and let me know, if their BIOS isn't ready for these (it should be) we can try setting all the timings manually.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I got the latest Bios flashed (036).. XMP1 work but with wrong timings (1333) and XMP2 wont boot, need to do a cmos reset.

Comment

Did you ENABLE XMP and select a profile? 1333 is prob the mobo default (though it shouldn't be, with the X79 1600 should be the default), the XMP profile should set to 2133.....if it's going to 1333 may be a mobo or BIOS problem

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I will record the it and post it on YT. So you will have a real idea of what is going on.

Comment

I'm signing out for the evening, will take a look Mon or maybe GSkill tech will beat me to it

Tman

Comment

Just made this small vid to let you see what the problem is...

http://youtu.be/V1cvmHrqhaI

any feedback appreciated..

thx

Comment

On your video it flashed through the advanced timing briefly and couldn't catch all, could you post them here and I'll see if I see anything weong (I'll load up a set of 2133/9 sticks when when I get home and compare....or if GSkill hops in he might see a problem, I think tRFC may be low under XMP and didn't get a good look at the others....but I believe the BIOS isn't loading proper settings under XMP....same as what happened to me with the 2133/9 32 GB set I had problems with

Tman

Comment

Thanks Trademan for your support..

so : at 2133Mhz not XMP i got

9-11-10
                  tRAS20
                  tWR 12 (Auto)
                  tRFC 104
                  tWTR 6
                  tRRD 5
                  tRTP 6
                  tFAW 24
                  tWCL 8
                  tRC 45
                  CR 2

Hope this configuration is wrong...:-)

Comment

Might try tRFC up about 160, tRC 40 if your playing at the moment, it will prob be 8:15 this evening or so before I can stick the 2133/9/16 set in my system, a friend is trying them on a rig to see if his customer might want to upgrade.

Tman

Comment

you should change your nick to Thanksman...:-)

Comment

Ah, Tradesman is long held and cherished, learned the building trades as a teen, and have a remodeling and home/business repair business going in addition to the systems biz, so I'll have to stick with it.

Tman

Comment

Sorry so late, while changing sticks and setup, lost my RAID setup, had to move to a different rig why I rebuild the RAID, anyway here's the settings

tCL 9
                          tRCD 11
                          tRP 10
                          tRAS 28

CR 2T (or 2n)

tWR 16
                          tRFC 171
                          tRRD 7
                          tWTR 8
                          tRTP 8
                          tFAW 27

DRAM voltage 1.65
                          VCCIO 1.15

then let me know
                          Last edited by Tradesman; 04-16-2012, 08:15 PM.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X