16 gb Kit for P7P55D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 gb Kit for P7P55D

Hi , I have an ASUS P7P55D Mobo w/ an Intel i5 750.
    I am currently running gskill 4 gb kit. Dual channel 1.5v
    I have recently started editing photos from my new Camera, and would like more memory. I also game alot.
    Can someone please point me in the right direction for a 16gb kit for this motherboard? I buy from Newegg, though it is confusing there are so many kits available.

I am guessing it would be either one of these...is this correct and if so, which one and why? ( I know, im a pain in the a%% )
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231429
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231441

The part number accord. to cpuz for the 4gb kit that I have now is F3- 12800CL9-2GBNQ, this was recommended when I built this PC . Just want to make sure I get the best / correct kit avail. as the asus mobo manual is going on 2.5 - 3 yrs old now and dated. Thanks!
    Last edited by dpo; 04-14-2012, 01:01 PM.

Either set should be fine, of the two I'd go with the first listed, the 1600 set, over the 1333.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you Tradesman, Now I just need to make sure it fits under my Coolermaster cooler ( Hyper212 plus). They look a little high...but I think if I remove the cooler fan, install the Ram, then re-install the fan...it will fit.

Comment

Believe it's 40 mm, about 1 5/8 inches

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yep, should be just fine with that cooler.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

So, the kit arrived, installed fine. Stock speeds on this orig. version of p7p is 1333. So I chose the D.O.C.P. option in bios...which raised it to 1600. Everything runs fine, I just have several questions if ya don't mind .

Was this the proper way to reach 1600 mhz. ? If so...should I have made any other changes along with the freq.?
            Should I instead use the xmp option in the bios?
            It is running at 1600 with the correct timings, though I believe choosing D.O.C.P in the bios raised the mem voltage to 1.7 something , should be at 1.5 correct?

Bclk? I believe it is set to 160.

Hope these are not too stupid / noobish questions...haha...thx!

Comment

As long as it's running fine you should be good....what you could do if you wished is check temps and voltages, jot them down, and try it under XMP, see if voltages and/or temps go up or down and if all stable run it at whichever setup is cooler and/or has lower voltage.......can even try ty that with manual settings.....many use bits and pieces of free time to constantly tweak their systems

Tman

Comment

Thx for the info...xmp gives me all the same settings with voltage lowered to 1.5 thanks again dude! You are the man!

Comment

No problem, I try. that's what forums are form learning and helping others, don't be a stranger

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X