Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR3 Memory Upgrade for Gigabyte X58-USB3

Hi everyone.

I've been thinking about a Ram upgrade for awhile now, and I don't have a lot of experience with the purchasing of RAM.

So in short, could you help me locate some decent upgrades?

Not sure what you are currently running or what CPU, am idea on budget would help also.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I'm running an i7 Quad core processor, and Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.
      As for a budget, I'll most likely just save for something very decent

Comment

Probably should mention I have 6gb in here already, it is DDr3 but its fairly old now

Comment

Different CPUs can handle different speeds/freq of DRAM, I'm still in the dark with what you want, tou have six so I can only guess that you either want 12GB or a faster 6GB, but don't know what i7 CPU you have nor have you passed on what kind of DRAM you currently have, i'd guess 1333 maybe 1600, but for us to help you we need some info to work with

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

xD Sorry I have little experience when it comes to Ram, ok I can settle for Faster 6gb but 12gb would be amazing, So I'll aim for that. My CPU it says here its a Intel Core i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20ghz.
            As for what type of Ram I have in here, F3-12800CL8T-6GBPI-B appears to be the model number

Comment

Ah found them http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=180

Comment

With your CPU if you don't plan to OC can prob go to 3x4GB set of 1600 for 12GB, if you OC at all could kick things up to 3x4G of 1866 or even 2133, in Australia might check with the venders on this page that carry GSkill products:

http://www.gskill.com/reseller.php?c1=3&c2=27

Tman

Comment

I don't plan on overclocking, so would something like this, DDR3 12GB (3x4G) G.Skill 1600MHz PC12800 Ripjaws RAM Kit, fit the bill?

Comment

That would do very well, no worries

Tman

Comment

Excellent, thank you for the help

Comment

No problem, have a gud 1 !

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X