Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help needed optimizing my new comp!! 3930k, rampage iv extreme, Ripjaws Z Series 64gb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed optimizing my new comp!! 3930k, rampage iv extreme, Ripjaws Z Series 64gb

Hi folks, here's what i've setup:

Ripjaws F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL
    asus rampage iv extreme mobo
    intel 3930k cpu

I've tried various basic settings in the bios to see where I can find a stable point. I'm surprised to find that system is a lot more unstable that I expected.

strange thing is even after running prime 95 or memtest overnight without errors, I was getting system crashes during editing or other cpu intensive programs.

so I've started running hyper pi and found that it was a quick indicator of system issues, better than prime95.

Right now I have the xmp setting selected along with 41x multiplier, everything else set to auto and things seem to be stable. anything over that multiplier and i get a bsod.

also I've got a corsair H100 cpu cooler and my temps look good, even under max load i'm not getting over 70 degrees on the cpu cores using prime95. idle temps are all in the 30's.

So if anyone can suggest some settings to try out with my bios settings it would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Rocco; 04-06-2012, 01:52 PM.

What is your VCCSA voltage at, it normally needs a lift with 64GB, might just post post your DRAM timings and system voltages and we'll take a look and see if anything that looks out of shape

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

here's a screenshot (its only showing 32gb, I took out 4 sticks of the ram to see if that helped but same thing was happening):

Comment

You may want to tweak CPU settings, doesn't exactly sound like memory problem. Do you have XMP enabled?

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

thanks, yes I do have the xmp profile selected. the only adjustment I made besides that was the 41x multiplier, everything else is pretty much set to auto or left alone.

any particular settings you think would help with the cpu? should I leave the ram voltages the same or should they get bumped up a bit?

Comment

With 64, I'd move VTTCPU (memory controller) up to 1.19 - 1.2 and VCCSA (Sys Agent Voltage) 1.24

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks Tman, looks like the bios automatically raised those voltages when I put the 32g's back in. I went to raise those numbers and they were already there, even a bit higher.

Comment

How's it running? Numbers looking pretty good

Tman

Comment

Its running fine at the settings I have right now but anything over that and the system might crash.

I was hoping to get more out of it to be honest considering my temps are low I thought I could push 4.8-5 ghz on the cpu.

I'm hoping that with the zillion settings on this mobo I can go in and start tweaking things but I'm not really sure where to start!

Comment

You can push the CPU on up, will prob need to add vCore voltage to the CPU...and might need to raise DRAM voltage to keep it stable (maybe + .05), then when you get the CPU OC you're happy with (who am I kidding, we're never happy ) you can try decreasing the DRAM voltage, about .01 at a time while checking for maintaining stability). Keep an eye on the temps and when taking it up will prob want to disable SpeedStep, C1E, those 'goodies' that tend to kill the joy of OCing

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X