• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to run 4x2gb with these?

Hey G.Skill!

Quite a while back I bought these RAM.
    http://www.memoryc.com/computermemor...hannelkit.html

Later, I then decided to buy another set, so I could run 4x2gb with them. But I don't seem to be able to. Is there any bios settings I can change to make it possible to run them stable?

- Nicksen

Should be, in part may depend on mobo/CPU combo, what are you running?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Specs

An ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe with an Intel i7 2600k.

Comment

Should be able to get them to run together, an actual 4 stick set would be guaranteed, but can probably get them to play with a little extra juice to the DRAM voltage and/or VCCIO

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have made them able to run, but certainly not stable.. So how?

Comment

Don't know what you have settings wise, so start with the stock timings, CR (Command rate at 2T or 2N), DRAM voltage at 1.55 and VCCIO at say 1.1 voltage to start

Tman

Comment

Well, I had to tweek the settings alot before I was even able to boot last time I tried..

Comment

CL6 is very tough for 4 modules, 8GB, you'll want to try 7-8-7-24.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Okay, I'll try that out, but what about the voltages and so on?

Comment

@ CL7 I'd start with stock voltage, might take VCCIO (memory controller) voltage up a hair

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X