Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evga x58 ftw3 + f3-12800cl9t-12gbsr2

All -

I've searched through the threads but couldn't find anything on my specific setup. I wanted to see if you had any recommendations for BIOS settings which will A) help out with stability B) help me get those CAS numbers up a little. I'd love to get an 8-9-8-24 considering how low voltage the memory is.

I appreciate it!!!!

Could give it a try, I'd try those timings 1.3 DRAM voltage and raise the VTT/CPU Voltage + .06, then let us know what happens
    Last edited by Tradesman; 04-06-2012, 01:43 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thank you sir! any advice on other timings? I don't want to use the XMP, so I'm thinking of loading/copying those timings/turning off xmp/putting in timings manually?

I really appreciate the help!

Comment

Yes, XMP needs to be off, can try the timings you mentioned 8-9-8-24 or 8-9-9-24, then the voltages I mentioned and let me know, I'll be around tonight for a while, trying to get a system tuned up
        Last edited by Tradesman; 04-06-2012, 01:42 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman -

I gave it a whirl, but my performance took a big hit when I put it at "Default" for the settings instead of XMP Profile and I set the timings manually. When I leave it at XMP and simply set the first timings 8-9-8-24 then the performance increases.

Is this a problem of not knowing the impact of the more detailed memory settings the EVGA board is offering? (i've never seen some of these settings on my old Gigabyte board) or maybe I'm leaving something out?

Appreciate the help guys! Let me know if I need to throw up bios template or screen shots.

Comment

May just be a quirk of the mobo model or in the BIOS, if it runs better with XMP enabled and those timings manually, then I'd stick with that

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X