sabertooth x79

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sabertooth x79

Hi there sorry but i searched and didn't found a decent answer.

The thing is i bought this kit:
    Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXM

and i plan to update my mobo to the Asus sabertooth x79, i have no doubt that the kit will work but the question is if i buy another kit Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXM kit to have 32GB will the motherboard be able to run the 8 dimms at 1600 speed 1,35volt?

Can you give some feedback on this please.

Tanks

First of all, ANY time you mix sets, it can be problematic, especially at the higher frequencies and with a large amount of sticks, there's no guarantee. I would suggest a single set of 32 GB, that way it's not only guaranteed but will work under XMP, while mixed sets won't. I would say though, many have had luck via voltage adjustments and OCing to give the MC (memory controller) a boost

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks better be adverted before than trying to resolve things latter.

Comment

Like I said, it can be a tossup, I know GSkill advises the single set (as do I), but there's times you pop a couple sets in and they run from the get go, more often than not though you have to play primarily with the voltages, and then there are times the two (or more just won't play.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X