Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pls let me know if my RAM info is correct..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls let me know if my RAM info is correct..

I have this 12gb triple channel kit ram from gskill.

Im confuse as the information regarding this RAM is different from what i see on my system or perhaps i just dont understand the numbers ...

From newegg.com

Brand: G.SKILL Series Ripjaws Series
    Model: F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL
    Type: 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM

Capacity: 12GB (3 x 4GB)
    Speed: DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    Cas Latency: 9
    Timing: 9-9-9-24
    Voltage: 1.5V
    ECC: No
    Buffered/Registered: Unbuffered
    Multi-channel Kit: Triple Channel Kit
    Heat Spreader: Yes
    Features: Compatible with Intel X58 chipset

Now when i check my system via cpuz heres the screenshot.

I dont know if the info provided on cpuz is accurate or true i get 534mhz for the DRAM freq? im not sure if this is correct and the other info.

and also on my Bios i dont know if my settings is correct, im using asus rampage 3 extreme and heres the screenshot

target dram frequency is 1066mhz? my ram says its 1600

i noticed that everything is set to auto, can i set it to manual? if so whats the best setting?

the DRAM timing is kinda weird

im not really an expert but im sure there is something going on, i want the full potential of my RAM to be used on my system

You have a set o 1600 DRAM, but the mobo has defaulted it to 1066 (actually 1068) so you'll want to make sure you have the latest BIOS, then set the freq to 1600 base timings to 9-9-9-24 CR to 2T and DRAM voltage to 1.5 then give it a try

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So meaning its fine to set dram manually in bios? is it safe? I dont want my computer to crash I cant afford to buy another pair of this ram, lol

Comment

Yes you can set it manually or make sure you have the latest BIOS and simply enable XMP and select profile 1, that should set all the timings, voltage, etc for you

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

this is great i now have 1600mhz but i wonder if this makes any difference? how can i know if theres improvement? and which improvement should i experience? duh.. this is the problem of being non techie...

Comment

You could run something like MaxxMem or Winsat to see what the memory does at defaults and then again under XMP to see a difference, gaming might be better, depends on what all you do where you'd actually 'see' a diff

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X