No announcement yet.

Help F3-2133C9Q-32GZH with ASRock X79 Fatal1ty Pro & i7 3820

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much for this info. I had the same exact problem with the F3-2133C9Q-32GZH kit on an ASRock X79 Extreme9 board.

Comment

Have you tried the new BIOS 1.3 6/6

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal...ownload&o=BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

That's for a different mobo, and GSKILL's message saying to set tRFC to 255 has already solved the problem. I used GSKILL's solution back when the latest BIOS was 2.0 for this mobo and the XMP profile still didn't work correctly and after updating to the new 2.2 BIOS I no longer need to manually set tRFC to 255 and the XMP profile works as-is.
        Last edited by eligrey; 06-16-2012, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Sorry, this thread started with the X79 Fatality Pro, didn't catch you jumping in with a different mobo, my fault....I've been working with them on the Z77 Extreme 4, X6, and the P67 Fatal1ty and was pleased they are finally getting all their BIOSs working with the 32GB sets, they will now take tRFC settings ove 255 which was their Max

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman, now that I've been running my memory at 2133MHz I found out that prime95 is unstable after a couple minutes as my processor (i7 3930k) only supports up to 1600MHz RAM safely. What timings, voltages, and other UEFI settings should I manually set to get my RAM kit (F3-2133C9Q-32GZH) to optimally run at 1600MHz? Thanks.
            Last edited by eligrey; 06-16-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

A 3930K is perfectly fine with 2133 sticks (and will run stable up through about 2400 when properly set up, the CPU may be rated for 1333-1600, those are base ratings at stock settings... If any trouble w/ prime I'd guess a few things, first if running the tRFC at 255, that's tight, the sticks actually look to about 278 for tRFC, I originally got sets running at 255 on ASRock Z77/P67 and Z68 mobos because that was the max that was allowed (which is why I was working with them on the issues). Also, the mobos wouldn't run over about 2200, I now run the earlier model (X series of Ripjaws 2133/9 32 GB) at 2400/CL10. Intel is notorious for sort of under-rating the CPU as to DRAM....good example (and this goes back) was the Q6600 which was released at 2.4GHz and originally rated to 1066 DRAM, I got one of the original B3 releases and have contiually OCed it from 2.4 to 3, to 3.6 and last couple years it's run 24/7 at 3.8 GHz and runs 1600 DRAM (on air, and also occasionally used at 4+ GHz. I've still got one of the original Another thing that is still loose with the BIOSs is voltage regulation so you might want to try is initially adding .05 to the DRAM voltage.

If you'd rather run lower look to 8-10-10-29 at 1866 or 7-9-9-27 at 1600, both should be fairly simple, can also drop DRAM voltage by .03 at 1866 and .05 at 1600 for starters. Since every mobo and CPU combos can differ (even w/ identical components, these should be good starting points.

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the advice. After installing the 2.20 BIOS update I made sure to reset all of the memory settings and have it only use the XMP (so tRFC is 277). I'll try adding .05 to the DRAM voltage and increasing the tRFC by 1 before clocking it lower. I'll post another reply with my results once I'm done. I should note that I'm at 4.0-4.2GHz (and getting great temps on air; high 60s on prime95).
                Last edited by eligrey; 06-16-2012, 08:46 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

I tried increasing the voltage by .05 and .06 (not sure if it's safe to go any higher) and that made prime95 stable for a little longer though it still became unstable. I tried your 1866 timings and voltage and so far it seems entirely stable so I'll be keeping my RAM at that. I've been running prime95 for a bit and no errors have occurred (most memory errors happen in the first 2 minutes for me so I'm pretty sure I'm good now).

Comment

Sounds good, keep us informed

Tman

Comment

Just wanted to pop in to say that ASRock has released a BIOS update that fixes my issue. The profile loads just fine with no problems now.

Cheers.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.as...ssional&o=BIOS

(7/5/2012 version 1.40 as of this post)

Comment

Looks like things still at stock on the CPU, you need an OC to hit 2133

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X