Lag in OS due to Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag in OS due to Memory

Ive been using Windows 7 x64 now for about a year, and Ive been noticing something that is rather irritating. When I right click, Windows just hangs for a few seconds, until the menu comes up. When I go to copy or move files, it hangs for a moment before finishing the transfer. Its not instant like it is on my Vista machine.

I currently am using G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ.

Is this a problem with my memory (or an incompatibility), and does anyone know a fix to this? I really dont want to reinstall Windows, because its my main computer I use now.

Also, as a second part to my question, Im considering upgrading my ram from 4gb to 8gb. Will this fix the problem?

Might be OS or depending what all you do could be a lag if DRAM usage is high, norm it's more OS, might clean up temp files and particulary the OS startup, many programs load a bit of them selves at startup to increase their start up speed when you first go to use them after a boot, that can use/waste a fair bit of DRAM....can do it through MSCONFIG or an easier way is smething like WinPatrol (free) which lets you see the programs that load at start-up and lets you either delete them from start or if not sure, just disable them.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X