No announcement yet.

risk of 1333 memory running at 1466????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• risk of 1333 memory running at 1466????

Hi,
    I have 2 sticks of memory on my system F3-10666CL9-2GBNQ so, 2x 2GB = 4 GB. I know these memories are rated for 1333 but i tried to Overclock it a bit and is now running at DDR3 733 means at 1466, is there any risk i am taking if it passes memtest and system is stable?
    My CPU is also overclocked to the extent it can take, i guess. Actually Phenom II x2 555 BE (3.2 GHz stock), now 2 extra cores unlocked as Phenom II x 4 B55 and overclocked to 3.85 GHz 4 cores. Although it has unlocked multiplier, I had to use FSB instead of multiplier to get Memory Oclocked.
    Current setting:
    Board is Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3.
    CPU : 3.85 GHZ (220 FSB x17.5)
    HT : 1980
    NB: 2419 , NB voltage : 1.12
    Memory :1466 DDR3 (means 733 MHz) voltage 1.52

If the system is stable for Primetest, temps under control, and mempry passes Mtest, is there anything i need to be worried about running this memory (rated 1333) at 1466 with slight bump of voltage?????
    thanks

Should be fine, have run those sticks at 1600 with no problem, voltages look good, doubt if you'll have a heat problem, voltages aren't high, but can always monitor temps if you like.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman,
      Would you mind to give me the voltage you are using/used them to run at 1600, i would love them to run at that speed. A wwhile ago, i had tried but was not able to load windows completely. I think i need to bump voltage, but i am not comfortable to go blindly increase spree. Whats the max safe volt for these sticks?
      And what software do you use to monitor temp of these chips? I use cpuid hwmonitor snd it doesn't report memory trmp.
      Thank u.

Comment

Think I had them at 1.6 and 9-11-10-26.I'd say maybe 1.62 or so is as high as I'd go, but I don't think your CPU can carry 1600, you'd have to take up the CPU/NB voltage also (and poss the VCore. Think you'd have more heat than you'd want.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks again,
          Tried this RAM at 1600- timing 11-11-11-29-40-1T with 1.6 voltage. No problem so far. timings are all auto for now... will try to tighten it a bit later on.
          Droped CPU @ 3.8 GHz... HT 2000 and NB 2400.

Tested with Prime95 for 20 minutes... no error, temps are right on the edge but nothing to be worried. Passed IntelBurnTest as well.
          Will update with a bit tight timings later...... what you think so far>?
          BTW.. I can run this RAM @ 700 with 8-8-8-22-30-1T with 1.5v easily. what you think will have better performance 1600 @ 11-11-11 or 1400 8-8-8???
          thanks

Comment

Hard to tell, might grab a program like MaxxMem and run tests at different settings and freqs till you provide what gives optimum performance

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X