Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snipers wont boot in my GA-P45T-ES3G

Hiya, having some problems here.

I have a Gigabyte 775 mobo, model GA-P45T-ES3G. I have been using 16 gigs (4x4) of Ripjaws X F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM memory which has been running very well for over 6 months. No problems so far. However I am building a new machine-2500k, GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P, etc. I will be taking that 16 gigs out and using it for the new machine.

And here is the problem. I bought a set of different memory-Sniper F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR to go in my GA-P45T-ES3G and for about 8 tries it wouldn't boot at all. I couldn't get to a bios screen and I had steady beeps from the mobo speaker. Finally got into the bios and changed the settings (9-9-9-24, 1.5v, 1333). However Windows wont load at all, locks up to a blank screen. After several failed boots I got in to the bios again and changed all the settings to their defaults, can't remember exactly but I think it was 10-9-x-9, not positive, but it didn't matter, after that I could never get the machine to boot.

Went back to the Ripjaws and after a few boots and some setting changes everything running fine with 2 or 4 sticks. Unless you know something else I can try, is it time to RMA the Snipers? I would return them as DOA to Newegg, but I bought them some time ago in preperation for my new build. FYI, the system WAS overclocked before I started this process, but I went to default settings (q9550 at 2.83, voltages stock) as soon as I could get back into the bios the first time.

OK, from defaults, make sure FSB at 1333, timings to 9-9-9-24, DRAM voltage 1.55 (slightly high yes, but fine for the moment), check that CR is at 2T, and raise NB voltage + .04 from the default, start with trying the sticks in slots 1-3 (from CPU) if no joy try 2-4.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, got that all printed out and I will give it a try tomorrow, I've got to get to bed. Hopefully I can get it to boot again with the Snipers.

Comment

Ok, had to give it a try, booted up as soon as I tried to start it this time. Had to go 1.6 volts on the ram, no =.05 step on my mobo, same with the MCH, took it from 1.1 to 1.2 then CR was at 0, set it to 2. It kept recycling the boot menu on 1 and 3 slots, but on 2 and 4 it got me to the windows screen and hung there.

I will give it another try on 2 and 4 tomorrow and see if I can get into windows. If you have any more settings for me to try let me know! Thanks for the help!

Comment

Might raise the CPU vCore up a bit, not sure where you are at but might just try 1.28 (we can always take it down later and it's well within max suggested vCore of 1.3625, I think on the 9550

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, I will give that a try when I get home from work. I have run it as high as 1.3 before when I was overclocking to 3.5 (with the Ripjaws).

Comment

Keep us informed of how it goes

Tman

Comment

*sigh* At this point I can't get them to even boot at all in 1 and 3 or 2 and 4. Just constant beeping from the mobo speaker. I have to admit I am getting tired of removing my awesome Ripjaws, and sticking in these Snipers that wont work.

Just realized something. I haven't tried booting them one stick at time.... brb.

Comment

If that will work can run Memtest on the sticks individually

Tman

Comment

Ok, one stick just wont boot at all. The machine just keeps restarting as soon as I hit the initial bios screen (the one that says push Del to change settings, etc...) The other stick let me get into the bios and make sure all the settings were as recommended, and it did get me into windows for just a few seconds. Then as soon as hit my start button it blue screened. I tried the sticks in both slot 1 and slot 2. Same results for the individual sticks.

I have the settings as 9-9-9-24 CR-2
                    northbridge +.1 (it goes up my that much every click)
                    And I raised the vcore to 1.28, then to 1.3

edit: and ram is at 1.6v

Comment

Sounds like it's RMA time, or if within your return time limits from your re/e-tailer could go through them.

Tman

Comment

Bought them back in September, so no go on returning them to Newegg, guess I should have checked them then. Anyway, thanks a bunch for the help. I will fill out the RMA form now then. Take care, and thanks again!

Comment

Sorry we couldn't get them going, keep us informed on progress wharn replacements arrive (or sooner )

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X