Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.SKILL F3-14900CL9 1866 running at 1600MHZ @ 1.67v ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL F3-14900CL9 1866 running at 1600MHZ @ 1.67v ??

Hello guys,

i have some problem about these G.SKILL Rams. I have G.Skill F3-14900CL9-4GBZL (4x4GB) totally 16 GB memory.

This memory should work 1866MHz and should work with X.M.P right ? and also should work 1.5v?

So, i go to g.skill website and checked "How to Enable X.M.P on Rampage IV Extreme". Link: https://docs.google.com/document/pub...e6CUoFso&pli=1

I did everything right but im getting always error.

when i set xmp settings, i cant open windows. im getting error on bios and it says;

"System unstable. Your CPU Ratio may be down at 12x due to unsuitable conditions."

My rams working @ 1.67v + 1600MHz. How i can fix this

Here is my system:
    CPU: Intel i7-3960x 3 (no o.c-default)
    Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
    Ram: G Skill F3-14900CL9-4GBZL x 4
    BIOS Version:1101
    System BIOS Date: 12/30/2011

also dimms are seated as shown as Motherboard User's Guide.

DIMM-A1: G Skill F3-14900CL9-4GBZL
    DIMM-B1: G Skill F3-14900CL9-4GBZL
    DIMM-C1: G Skill F3-14900CL9-4GBZL
    DIMM-D1: G Skill F3-14900CL9-4GBZL

AIDA64 Output

Field Value
    Memory Module Properties
    Module Name G Skill F3-14900CL9-4GBZL
    Serial Number None
    Module Size 4 GB (2 ranks, 8 banks)
    Module Type Unbuffered DIMM
    Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
    Memory Speed DDR3-1600 (800 MHz)
    Module Width 64 bit
    Module Voltage 1.5 V
    Error Detection Method None
    DRAM Manufacturer G Skill

Memory Timings
    @ 761 MHz 10-10-10-27 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 37-122-5-12-6-6 (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP)
    @ 685 MHz 9-9-9-24 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 33-110-5-11-6-6 (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP)
    @ 609 MHz 8-8-8-22 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 30-98-4-10-5-5 (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP)
    @ 533 MHz 7-7-7-19 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 26-86-4-8-4-4 (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP)
    @ 457 MHz 6-6-6-16 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 22-74-3-7-4-4 (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP)

Extreme Memory Profile v1.3
    Profile Name Enthusiast (Certified)
    Memory Speed DDR3-1866 (933 MHz)
    Voltage 1.50 V

Extreme Memory Profile v1.3
    Profile Name Extreme
    Memory Speed DDR3-1866 (933 MHz)
    Voltage 1.50 V

Memory Module Features
    Auto Self Refresh Supported
    Extended Temperature Range Supported
    Extended Temperature Refresh Rate Not Supported
    On-Die Thermal Sensor Readout Not Supported

I hope we can find some solution..

P.S: Also please do not say update bios which im not advanced user and i dont like to update bios...

Thank you,

Well updating the BIOS would be the first step, but we can try and work around it. First XMP won't work on multiple sticks that aren't part of a set, it's set up for sets (1,2,3,4,6,8 sticks in an actual set) so you need to disable XMP and input the base timings, CR and DRAM voltage manually. Then may need to raise the DRAM and/or MC voltage a little (poss start at + .05 on each)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Well updating the BIOS would be the first step, but we can try and work around it. First XMP won't work on multiple sticks that aren't part of a set, it's set up for sets (1,2,3,4,6,8 sticks in an actual set) so you need to disable XMP and input the base timings, CR and DRAM voltage manually. Then may need to raise the DRAM and/or MC voltage a little (poss start at + .05 on each)
      Thanks for reply. But im beginner user . is it possible to help me step-by-step ?

so i need 16 gb kits for enable XMP ?.

thanks.

Comment

For XMP, it's by the set, a two stick set is programmed for 2 sticks, if tou use 4 as an example (2 sets of 2, it will require a different tRFC and other timings than a single 2 stick set. So, go into BIOS, disable XMP, go to base timings which might well show correctly at 9-10-9-28, but will still want to input them manually, set DRAM voltage to 1.55 (which is a little above spec, but fine and done to help the individual sticks since XMP not active) and try that, and get back, we may need to add a bit of voltage to the MC (memory controller) also

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          For XMP, it's by the set, a two stick set is programmed for 2 sticks, if tou use 4 as an example (2 sets of 2, it will require a different tRFC and other timings than a single 2 stick set. So, go into BIOS, disable XMP, go to base timings which might well show correctly at 9-10-9-28, but will still want to input them manually, set DRAM voltage to 1.55 (which is a little above spec, but fine and done to help the individual sticks since XMP not active) and try that, and get back, we may need to add a bit of voltage to the MC (memory controller) also

I see. So i can never able to use XMP right with 16 GB. ? I think XMP its not really important thing i just asked for curiosity :P.

Also my timings are well 9-10-9-28. No need to enter manually right ?

And one more thing; Should i select DDR3-1866 on bios or leave auto ?

thanks.

Comment

While they may be showing up correctly, it's best to put them in manually, which will lock them in, otherwise if you make other changes it can auto change the timings....and yes, sorry, but XMP is by the set so more than one package of DRAM sort of kills the option of using it

Tman

Comment

First, Im sorry for late reply. I was out of my town. I just did your said.

I set DRAM Timings to : 9-10-9-28-2 , is this correct right ? And DRAM COMMAND is 2 right ? or 1 ?

I put 2 for DRAM COMMAND.

And i also did 1.55v to DRAM Voltage Right and Left.

Here is CPU-Z Results:

So first picure why still showing 11-11-11-28-1 ?

Also when i select 1866MHz Memory Frequency on bios, i cant boot my pc. BIOS giving me this error; "System unstable. Your CPU Ratio May Be Down at 12x due to unsitable conditions."

When i leave as Auto Memory Frequency its shows up 1600Mhz on Target DRAM Speed. And i can boot my pc without any error..

Im waiting help again . Thank you so much.
              Have a nice day,

Comment

Have you tried XMP? It should work well with this hardware combination.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

XMP wont work, because these rams are not kit.4x4 GB. Tradesman, already said that xmp wont work ever .

When i try to activate xmp, im gettign same error, "System unstable. Your CPU Ratio May Be Down at 12x due to unsitable conditions."

Comment

Think you may need to boost the CPU multiplier from 33 to 37, then input the timings again manually and give it a try.....

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X