new GSKILL 2133 sniper RAM - need CPU OC help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new GSKILL 2133 sniper RAM - need CPU OC help

so I just got myself some gskill sniper 2133 RAM - actually I got 4x4GB and only used 3x4GB as I was thinking 16 shouldn't make that much of a difference vs 12GB. but thats beside the point.

the sticks work well. tried the XMP profile and ran fine at 2133MHz with no CPU OC. now here's the thing... I usually had my CPU overclocked to about 3.6 or 3.8GHz (not 4GHz as I really don't have that good a HSF yet) and I'd like to return to that, but for the life of me I can't find the sweet spot for the RAM to be at and thus began the era of BSODs. can anyone recommend the best settings between timings/speed as to what I should use?

my setup as it is right now: i7 920, 12GB gskill RAM, ASUS P6X58D mobo, MSI 580GTX lightening II (or something), 1000w PSU, win 7 x64, some crap HDDs, and the wimpy coolermaster v8. oh and [shameless plug]I won this 24" monitor in an xfire video contest [/shameless plug]

thanks community and kudos!
    Last edited by crawlerz; 03-16-2012, 07:02 AM.

Well 2133 is an OC speed, so to drop from that OC may want to drop the sticks to 1866 and tighten the timings a little

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

so I fiddled around some as you can see by the screenshot... I'm wondering if you can tell me if these numbers are good or if I can do better...

oh and just for sh*ts and giggles, I benched the XMP 2133MHz profile with no CPU OC. the numbers were pretty much half these numbers. I assume because of the lax timings.

Comment

Loose timings and no OC will definitely drop the performance

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X