16gb - 1333 Cas 8 or 1600 cas 9 with voltage bump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16gb - 1333 Cas 8 or 1600 cas 9 with voltage bump

I did not notice a performance difference but I was wondering what others thought as to whether or not I should run F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL at its listed spec (used MOBO profile with a small voltage bump from 1.1 to 1.15 on the CPU/NB) or run this memory at 1333 at CAS 8 timings. This is based on the GSKILL sticky i read. Honestly, I would have probably purchased different memory had i seen the AMD post prior but I am sure i will not notice a difference but wanted to know what was better for the system as a whole.

MOBO = ASUS M4A89TDPRO/USB3
    Processor = AMD 965 BE c3
    Memory = F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL

I run everything at default.
    Last edited by agjr200hp; 03-11-2012, 04:47 AM.

1600 has the better performance, 1333/8 is near same performance so if voltage or heat is a problem might lean to 1333/8. otherwise I'd run at full speed ahead 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. I haven't noticed much of a temp difference so i will likely put back at 1600. I haven't tried increments of the voltage down any further.

1.1 received errors on memtest, 1.15 did not. I may try and go as low as possibly before errors occur.

Again, thank you.

Comment

Voltage wise either is within safe limits, mentioned temps as I don't know what case, cooler or how your airflow is, sounds like it's pretty good, and you can run something like MaxxMem (free) to see what the diff is in DRAM performance, would guess 1000 -1,500 MB per sec

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

have arctic freezer and antec 902 case; it is about a 2 degree difference with the bump in voltage (idle at 27 and prime95 at 51)

Comment

Good cooling, the voltage shouldn't be any problem at all, have fun going faster, faster, fas---------------!

Tman

Comment

From now on I will never go with anything less than 1600mhz ram,why?? you can always down clock it to 1333 and tighten up the timings, but its faster in opening up programs and on start up too

Comment

Agreed, gotta love fast sticks

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X